Shortbus A/C Drier Receiver MOD Question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I looked into mot's JDM mod for relocating the A/C drier receiver bottle and wanted to ask other Shortbus owners how they handled the problem. The JDM mod will definitely work but I was hoping maybe there is an easier solution out there.

I did the mod shown on Slee's site. This involves installing a shorter drier in the stock location and shoving it up a bit higher. Its not totally protected but there is a lot less hanging down behind the bumper.

I did the mod shown on Slee's site. This involves installing a shorter drier in the stock location and shoving it up a bit higher. Its not totally protected but there is a lot less hanging down behind the bumper.

Can you post a pic of yours?

Ditto. The p/n for the shorter dryer is 88471-34010. You also need to modify the OE dryer bracket (cut out a section and weld the halves together).

I crushed my OE dryer and switched to a '06 Tundra dryer. I also flipped the bracket 180 degrees. With a slight bend of the lines, my dryer is nearly flush with the bottom of my Slee bumper.

JDM via Mot.
Dryer Relocation.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom