Wanted Short running board trim (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm looking for the trim pieces(not sure what they're called) that fit the shorter running boards for my 66 FJ45.
thanx!
Craig

Mine has the short ones....perhaps someone added them at one point.

It's possilbe. When I got the truck it had the short steps, but when I went to install them I did notice that it also had holes for what could be the long ones. Since I didn't have any long ones I welded up those holes that I wasn't using.

Mine are the short ones. I have regular ones on my 72 so I know they're not the same.

It's possible. When I got the truck it had the short steps, but when I went to install them I did notice that it also had holes for what could be the long ones. Since I didn't have any long ones I welded up those holes that I wasn't using.
That answers that ! Good observation Brian.

I have some of the early short and long running boards, but probably like a lot of folks I do not want to separate the top trim from them. Kind of a hard to find finishing item. But you watch....someone will have a set for you!

Cheers
Kevo

Actually, once I do find a set I want to try and replicate them. There seems to be a need for a decent set of reproduced ones. I'll try and cross that bridge once I find a pair that is.

Simon in Oz sells a long running board modified to be short.

Wow! I just learned something new today! That’s really cool. Thanks for posting that Keith.

Wow, those are badass!

That is great, and the price is very reasonable!
Well they probably weigh ~8 lbs and you have to ask nicely to get international shipping, which won't make getting them Stateside quite so reasonable. The source supply of longer running boards must be finite too.

He doesn't do international shipping....I did ask nicely...lol. Do you guys think if a bunch of us did a big group order he'd go for it?

Great news, he is going to send me a set. He also sells the white matting that goes with the steps. I do have to do a bit of welding when I get them, but that shouldn't be a problem. I'll post some pics when I'm done with them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom