Short man with 2.5”lift on 93LC needs advice. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Newbie here with a shorty question. I’d like to put some rock sliders on my 93LC. I’ve looked at a few but I can’t find anything that would provide a lower step. I have another Fzj80 with a blown engine with running boards but don’t want to use them. Any vertically challenged mudder’s out there have any ideas? BTW. I absolutely LOVE this vehicle! Thanks in advance for information.

Slee and Bump-It Offroad both make "step sliders" similar in shape and dimension to the factory running boards, but made to survive offroad abuse.

This is BIOR's step slider--looks basically just like the stock running boards, but made of 3/16 box steel with substantial cat protection underneath.

2872.jpg

White Knuckles with a flat angle still too high?

You may be looking for running boards instead of sliders. Sliders are meant to protect and maintain as much clearance as possible ;)

Slee’s step sliders would be another option.

Another option to consider if you do a bit of off-roading, is to get a “normal” set of rock sliders (eg high clearance) and get a small bolt on step section added below. That way for normal use you have a low hanging step, but it’s a 2 minute job to unbolt when going off-road. Only issue might be appearance, but if it’s painted black it shouldn’t stand out too much

How short is short? I have a 26" inseam and 10 degree WKOR sliders with a 3" lift is good for me....Some days its a chore. But the steering wheel makes a good "haul up"

How short is short? I have a 26" inseam and 10 degree WKOR sliders with a 3" lift is good for me....Some days its a chore. But the steering wheel makes a good "haul up"
Ok. You got me beat. I’m a 30” inseam. But I’ve had three hip replacements. So I’ve got the mobility of a 26”. So we’ll call it square.

Slee and Bump-It Offroad both make "step sliders" similar in shape and dimension to the factory running boards, but made to survive offroad abuse.

This is BIOR's step slider--looks basically just like the stock running boards, but made of 3/16 box steel with substantial cat protection underneath.

2872.jpg
Can’t find a fit for a 93.

Ok. You got me beat. I’m a 30” inseam. But I’ve had three hip replacements. So I’ve got the mobility of a 26”. So we’ll call it square.

Dang.

My hat is off to you Sir. You are a tough bird!

Much respect here.

Hopefully they are the spoils of a misspent youth and you've got some great stories to go with why you needed 3 hip replacements.
That doesn't sound like any fun at all. Damn!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom