Shopping down South (1 Viewer)

Had to run down to SEATAC yesterday to pick up my mother. Realized I was out of windshield washer fluid so stopped in at Wally World in Bellingham and walked out with over $70 worth of stuff. Noteable to us diesel guys, they are selling Delo 400 at $10.50/gallon (3.78L). That is less than 1/2 the price of the same jug of oil I bought at the cardlock here. Pretty much everything is 30-75% cheaper than in Canada and the Canadian looney is nearly at par with the green back. Those border line-ups are going to be getting longer and longer if our looney stays strong. I am sure the HST - if implemented - will drive more South as well.

Yep. After the boys reported the cheap oil in the Southern Expedition thread, Greg_b and I headed to Wallyworld in BellyWash to check it out. It was an eye opener for sure. I think they had Rotella T6 5-40 full synthetic for just over 20 bucks for 4L too - whatever it was it was still cheaper than buying 4L of Rotella T dino up here!
I came home with 8 gallons of Delo 400 that day, shaking my head at how cheap it was.

Makes you wonder how they can justify the pounding we get here on oil (and other stuff too, obviously).

For any bike guys, they had Mobil 1 air cooled V Twin formula 20-50 for around $6 or $7 per L. Up here it's $18, if you can find it.

sailor

Jackass of all trades
Yeah- I bought like 10 gallons of Delo in Oregon. I was so excited, I think a little poo came out!

From now on, I will be buying oil and diesel fuel conditioner every time I go down. Just wish they sold my filters there too.

Yeah- I bought like 10 gallons of Delo in Oregon. I was so excited, I think a little poo came out!

A little poo???? You nearly broke the toilet in Walmart!!!

Yeah, it was nice getting all that oil down there cheap. I bought a bunch of the Shell stuff. What's the difference with Delo 400 anyways?

A little poo???? You nearly broke the toilet in Walmart!!!

Yeah, it was nice getting all that oil down there cheap. I bought a bunch of the Shell stuff. What's the difference with Delo 400 anyways?

Probably not much except the Delo 400 has the JASO DH1 certification and it was also cheaper that the Rotella. Up here the Rotella is always about $20 a bucket cheaper.

I recent Wal-Mart (or perhaps it was Canadian Tire) flyer had a sale on a 20litre pail of Shell Rotella T 15/40, for...umm (going on bad memory here) for $40?

I recent Wal-Mart (or perhaps it was Canadian Tire) flyer had a sale on a 20litre pail of Shell Rotella T 15/40, for...umm (going on bad memory here) for $40?

That would be an amazingly good price for Canada.
I paid $23 for a 4L jug of Rotella T a few weeks ago... needed it in a hurry unfortunately.

Didn't see any 20L buckets in the US Wallyworld, but at 10.50 per 4L I wasn't too worried about it either.

Lance, both Rotella T and Delo 400 are really high quality diesel oils. Like John said, the Delo has a Jaso spec, which probably means squat to guys like us. Rotella is usually a little cheaper up here, I was surprised to see it more down south, even if it was only $1 per 4L jug.

I think their usual price is around $69. They use to have much better sales on Rotella a few times a year. I'd always buy a few buckets then. Now :censor: Cr@ppy Tire; I'm buying it down south.

I was in Bellingham for a little shopping and picked up 6 gallons of Delo 400 LE at WalMart. It has gone up a little to $12.95/gal. They no longer sell the old Delo 400 but I guess this stuff is as good as the old stuff. Anyone know otherwise. Also picked up an 80 FL OZ bottle of Diesel Kleen at 25% less than CT.

We also stopped in at the taco stand coming into town on the 539 near the corner of W Smith Rd. The food has gotten a lot better in terms of quality and quantitative. Tried the tacos de cabesa, tacos de lengua and tacos adobadas. Big thumbs up. Careful of their salsa verde. It is made with habeneros in addition to the typical serano peppers. The only down side is they don't serve beer. However, Glynns Shamrock pub is right beside the taco stand to help put out the fire. :hillbilly:

Difference between Rotella and Delo 400 SAE is about is about 2lbs at hot idle oil presure on a 12H-T

Rottella thins out when it gets warm

Similar for the 13B-T

Old diesels like the Delo 400 SAE
New diesels like the Delo 400 LE low emmissions

There are 2 X 2.5gal (9.5l) jugs of Shell Rotella T in the raffle for Sept. I know, not quite enough for an 80 or Safari... :rolleyes:

I think I could use the left over of the 3 gal of the Delo to bring it up to the correct amount. ;)

IIRC the 1HDT takes 9.5 L. Seems that big jug was made just for the 81 owners. Just not sure if many of them change their own oil... Eventually cup holders have that effect.

Nah, no envy here. Our cloths and upholstery are proudly decorated with the battle scars of spilled drinks, usually blistering hot or at least luke warm (no centre console coolers in our vehicles).

... but ya, I managed to make some cheap after market cup holders fit. :eek: But only because SWMBO so decreed that there shalt be cup-holders or... :deadhorse:. Anyways, that's the story I'm sticking to.

So, does Graham change your oil? :meh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom