Shop recommendation (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
It has come time to drop a new motor in my FZJ-80. Does anyone have a recommendation for a shop they have used? I am in the Lake Tahoe, Carson City, Reno area.

Thanks!

Are you planning on doing the removal and install yourself or do you want complete service? If you are going to do it yourself then hit up Chris Douglas of Douglas Machine Services in Minden. Several of us have used him to build Toyota engines and he is a TLC guy himself. Great dude with outstanding prices.

If you are looking for full service, then the only person I can recommend is Georg Esterer and his guys at Valley Hybrids down in Stockton. He is a TLC legend, super awesome dude and there's no one else in a 500 mile radius who can do better work in a Land Cruiser.

Are you planning on doing the removal and install yourself or do you want complete service? If you are going to do it yourself then hit up Chris Douglas of Douglas Machine Services in Minden. Several of us have used him to build Toyota engines and he is a TLC guy himself. Great dude with outstanding prices.

If you are looking for full service, then the only person I can recommend is Georg Esterer and his guys at Valley Hybrids down in Stockton. He is a TLC legend, super awesome dude and there's no one else in a 500 mile radius who can do better work in a Land Cruiser.
Yup I second these recommendations.

Thanks guys!

I was planning on doing it myself, but my work schedule changed and I am going to be out of town for a month. Making enough on the job to cover the labor so it is going in.
I will get on Georg’s schedule.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom