Shop in salt lake to install suspension (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I’ll be in Salt Lake the second week of July and I am looking for a shop that can install the bilstein kit that I bought and some air bags. Looking for recommendations.
kelly

Hit up @cruiseroutfit they might be able to schedule you. Couldn't recommend them enough. Not sure how they are dealing with outsourced parts, but I would imagine if their schedule permits they would do the work.

I asked cruiser outfitters about installing my BP51 kit I bought from them and they told me they are not doing installs. I think they recommended State Automotive. I ended up taking to Toyota dealer in Pocatello as they have done work for me in the past and closer to me (in WY).

Last edited:
I asked cruiser outfitters about installing my BP51 kit I bought from them and they told me they are not doing installs. I think they recommended State Automotive. I ended up taking to Toyota dealer in Pocatello as they have done work for me in the past and closer to me (in WY).
I'm in Idaho Falls. 3 hrs north of SLC. I've explored various options, incl. SLC for some work.

Pretty sure this is the case with the boys at Cruiser Outfitters. Unless you buy the parts from them, they probably won't do it.

You're other SLC option is State Automotive as mentioned.

I'd strongly encourage you to reach out to Overland Cruisers in Bozeman. They've worked on our 200 and the experience was exceptional. I highly recommend them.

CBI Offroad is here in Idaho Falls. My experiences with the boys at CBI have been fine. Others on here will have completely different takes on CBI.

I lived in SLC for 3 years and it was odd. You have Cruiser Outfitters & Equipt there that only install parts they sell, the Land Cruiser heritage museum and yet I never was able to find a trusted 4x4 shop to do a complete builds. What you often found were your generic 4x4 shops that did "lifts" and did a lot of work on Bro trucks and SXS. I had to drive to Seattle and Denver to find shops that I felt could do the work I wanted. Seems like the surrounding states all had more reputable shops than what was found in Utah, again odd considering that many people consider Utah such an off-roading and overland paradise.

I lived in SLC for 3 years and it was odd. You have Cruiser Outfitters & Equipt there that only install parts they sell, the Land Cruiser heritage museum and yet I never was able to find a trusted 4x4 shop to do a complete builds. What you often found were your generic 4x4 shops that did "lifts" and did a lot of work on Bro trucks and SXS. I had to drive to Seattle and Denver to find shops that I felt could do the work I wanted. Seems like the surrounding states all had more reputable shops than what was found in Utah, again odd considering that many people consider Utah such an off-roading and overland paradise.
I see you are in Boise. That reminded me. There is South to North Land Cruisers in your neck of the woods.

I see you are in Boise. That reminded me. There is South to North Land Cruisers in your neck of the woods.

Yes sir!!! My 200 series is stock for now but I def plan taking it to SNLC for all maintenance and build work.

I'm in Idaho Falls. 3 hrs north of SLC. I've explored various options, incl. SLC for some work.

Pretty sure this is the case with the boys at Cruiser Outfitters. Unless you buy the parts from them, they probably won't do it.

You're other SLC option is State Automotive as mentioned.

I'd strongly encourage you to reach out to Overland Cruisers in Bozeman. They've worked on our 200 and the experience was exceptional. I highly recommend them.

CBI Offroad is here in Idaho Falls. My experiences with the boys at CBI have been fine. Others on here will have completely different takes on CBI.
Good to know about the place in Bozeman. I'm in Star Valley, WY. Sounds like no place you'd trust in IF? I wondered. I know a couple of good local mechanics but I didn't really want to turn them loose on my 200. I bought my lift from cruiser outfitters, but apparently they are too busy or just not interested in the install. I have purchased many vehicles from the Toyota in Pocatello and they have done some mods for me in the past and did good work. They said they had done work on several 200s so hopefully the lift turns out well. Bumpers on the way, maybe I'll have to visit Bozeman, Mrs has been wanting to spend some time up there.

@Gazziza I also thought that was odd. CO refers you to State automotive but when I have called them in the past they also don't seem that interested. My bros and I all own cruisers. We end of doing most of the work on them ourselves. There used to be a really good guy in Ogden back in the day, but he's no longer there.

I'll second Overland Cruisers in Bozeman without hesitation. Everyone that works there is a Cruiserhead through and through. I had an excellent experience getting work done there on my 570.

Good to know about the place in Bozeman. I'm in Star Valley, WY. Sounds like no place you'd trust in IF? I wondered. I know a couple of good local mechanics but I didn't really want to turn them loose on my 200. I bought my lift from cruiser outfitters, but apparently they are too busy or just not interested in the install. I have purchased many vehicles from the Toyota in Pocatello and they have done some mods for me in the past and did good work. They said they had done work on several 200s so hopefully the lift turns out well. Bumpers on the way, maybe I'll have to visit Bozeman, Mrs has been wanting to spend some time up there.

@Gazziza I also thought that was odd. CO refers you to State automotive but when I have called them in the past they also don't seem that interested. My bros and I all own cruisers. We end of doing most of the work on them ourselves. There used to be a really good guy in Ogden back in the day, but he's no longer there.
I won't use Teton Toyota here in IF. No other options here. Like I said, highly recommend Overland Cruisers in Bozeman. I don't know how they'd handle parts not purchased through them though. Can't talk to that. Otherwise it was a great experience and they absolutely know Land Cruisers.

You might try Hinckley Overlanding. Hinckleyoverlanding.com I’ve been in their shop and they look like a quality outfit, but I’ve never had work done there.

Last edited:
For full clarity, we do offer full builds here @ Cruiser Outfitters but we've been booked out 6-9 months for quite some time and are referring work elsewhere. We have over a dozen full 200 builds in cue, 3 of which are in the building this moment. I wish we had the bandwith/space to take on more but our business model is primarily parts sales to wholesale and retail customers and the comprises 99% of our annual business, the installs we do locally are generally part of larger long-term builds. As such, we have to say "no" far more than we can say "yes" BUT we work with some fantastic shops around Utah that we send parts and customers too daily.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom