1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

shooting in colorado

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by bundy18, Aug 23, 2006.

1. bundy18

bundy18

its been too long since i have fired anything. i would like to know if there is anywhere in colorado to go (free or real cheap) in or around the longmont, boulder area. i love shooting trap, have my own clays, shells, thrower, etc. but it doesn't matter what i shoot even though my shotgun is my favorite the bereta 9mm and mini 14 are both fun too. i just have trigger finger really bad

2. calphi27

calphi27

Media:
    Albums:
    I am up in loveland. My old roomate and I go to the pawnee national grasslands east of ault (about 25 mins east of fort collins). It is free and we shoot anything. Any type of gun is ok out there (well actually I am not sure about that but no one has ever bothered us.)

If you want to go, let me know and I can take you out there with my roomate, or a can draw a rough map.

3. thelal

thelal

Media:
    Ireland; USA (WA,CO, CA, CT), Scotland, London
    Plenty of National Forest areas close by.
    Left Hand Canyon (N Boulder) was (is?) very popular 4 shooters - not sure if got stopped (check local dept or Rising Sun members as a lot wheel there and also close to Carnage)

4. bundy18

bundy18

thanks calphi27, i'll try that this weekend, lefthand is too busy for me
    any other ideas

5. valentine

valentine

Albums:
    WTF? I'd get my ass kicked if I did that.

6. Cube Dweller

Cube Dweller Moderator

More than one area I used to shoot at was closed by the forest service b/c of the all the trash left by people shooting it.

I would organize a cleanup before you lose access.

7. Tooth Fairy

Tooth Fairy

Last time I was up Left Hand Canyon it was trashed by shooters. In fact wasn't it in danger of being closed for that? The whole area I was wheelin' in last weekend was closed to any shooting because it had been so trashed and now I'm waiting for them to shut the trail down because of it. I like guns if they're used responsibly, so, if you're going to shoot bottles out there than bring your generator and a shop vac so the area doesn't get closed. There are parts of ID I've been to that looked like dumps from people not cleaning up after themselves after shooting. Rant over.

8. nuclearlemon

nuclearlemon not an addict Moderator

Media:
    Albums:
    i love cleanups in shooting areas...you score on good brass cause too many dorks own guns and don't realize what they've left behind.

9. notyourmomslx450

notyourmomslx450

I remember that from when I lived in colorado. The whole beginning of the trail was completely trashed with targets, clays, shells, and casings. TONS of shells and casings. It always kinda made me mad that people don't pick up after themselves.

data-matched-content-rows-num="2,1" data-matched-content-columns-num="1,4" data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">