Shocks, OME vs Fox (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Looking for advice on the best riding shocks for a FJ62?? No real hard off-roading is going to be done, just want the smoothest riding least stiffness. I currently have OME on a 2.5” lift. I’ve been considering the Fox 2.0, but wanted to hear out any fellow mud members with past experience. Thanks

Love my Bilstiens....

I have OME with reservoirs and Fox 2.0s on a SOA 60 and a lifted 80, respectively.

I really like my 2.0s and they see really hard wheeling. You can also ship off the 2.0s to be rebuilt. I have heard that the 2.0s are more prone to failure though. My 80 has been run really hard on 2.0s and it took 60k miles to kill 4 of them plus whatever miles they had on them before I bought the truck.

I like my OMEs as well but dont wheel the 60 nearly as much and it just sees baja type conditions.

I personally like the ride of the 2.0s better but thats on two very different trucks (SOA leafs vs coils)

I have Fox 2.0s on my van and they are great. I haven't used an OME in person, but I would guess the quality of the Fox is higher, especially with the ability to rebuild them. You can also get them tuned for your application.

I'm not sure where you can get a set to go along with an OME lift though? I'd buy a set for sure for when I lift my truck.

Ome shocks are fine, treated me well for many years and miles

bilsteins are what a run now.

love them more and what I would tell you to put on it

I also ran the KYB and they were nice on the road. I recently upgraded to a ~2” lift with a Dobinsons kit that has their adjustable & rebuildable monotube shocks w/remote reservoirs. They’re still really new and have a ton of adjustments that I haven’t messed with much but the initial ride has been a big improvement already.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom