Shocks Now / Lift later? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I would like to replace the factory shocks in my wife's LC. I'm also looking at a lift in the near future. Can I replace the oem shocks with longer ones without adding a lift right away?

I'm looking at the kit that slee sells with the diff drop...

I will also be stepping up to a 305 tire, will I need to crank up the t-bars to fit these without a lift? running stock wheels.

Here we go again!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, couldn't help myself, do a search and read the FAQ, lots on longer shocks and suspension upgrades.

Last edited:
Just looked at Slee's kit, I don't think the shocks are any longer than standard, if they are, I am sure they will fit without the lift, easist to check with him, depending on what you are actually getting.

My best advice...

Ditch the avatar, And I bet you will have more responses ... ;)

SINCITY100 said:
My best advice...

Ditch the avatar, And I bet you will have more responses ... ;)

LOL.

If, for example you are going to run OME shocks, then you can run the fronts for sure. Not 100% about the rear shocks. They are not much longer so I don't think you would a problem, especially if you aren't flexing the rear much.

Thanks for the replies....I think I will just bite the bullet and order the slee kit and be done with it.:grinpimp:

Hey Sin, didn't anyone tell you that Cummins owns Toyota?...:flipoff2:

wtmtnterror said:
Thanks for the replies....I think I will just bite the bullet and order the slee kit and be done with it.:grinpimp:

Good decision. FYI: Keep an eye on your CV boots for signs of leakage after you install the lift (even with the diff drop kit). It seems many of us have had this issue come up after the lift. Not a big deal if you catch it early on and just reclamp the boot...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom