Shocks for Tacoma 2003 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi there

New owner of a 2003 Tacoma TRD.

How to test if shocks are worn out?
I did push down on front and rear bumper and it would bounce 1 1/2 before returning to level.

Which Bilstein shocks are a good replacement for stock TRD shocks :

The 4600 or 5100 ??

Thanks

Jay

I had 5100 series, no issues and quite a good ride. Switched them out for a full OME suspension from Kurt at Cruiseroutfitters. Too much armor/winch/weight for the Bilsteins!

Which shocks are good if i would like to keep truck stock height ?

Would the OME do with the stock spring?

5100 are pretty nice. I like mine.

Would the 5100 fit well with the stock leafs ?

Who are good online vendors to deal with ?

Jay

Tttttt

Wheelers is where I bought my Bilsteins.

Welcome aboard.
Research all the forums out there before you buy, I like the 5100's...

The best shocks to replace the stock TRD shocks with are:
Stock TRD Shocks.

I've had 4600 and now have 5100... I like the 5100 better but the 4600s were fine....
I lost 1.5 inches due to tired front springs so my truck seemed to get a lift back to stock..since then I moved to 5100s and gave it a very mild lift of about an inch over stock. Rides very nice

I had 5100 series, no issues and quite a good ride. Switched them out for a full OME suspension from Kurt at Cruiseroutfitters. Too much armor/winch/weight for the Bilsteins!
Hey, how do you like the ride on the OME in comparison to the Bilsteins? I've noticed my truck definitely doesn't have the same ride as it did earlier this year. I'm wondering if my shocks are the culprit. I also have the armor/winch/weight.

Funny you bring this up...I miss the ride of the Bilsteins. I was wondering the same thing or could it be the OME springs? I'm thinking of switching them out to new Bilsteins again, the ride is just too harsh for my aging back. I need to call Kurt and run it by him.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom