Shocks...again (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I ordered shocks that I thought might work with my lift (4" MAF 1975 FJ40) and they fit but only fully compressed.... I ordered the Rancho 5000 #RS5012 but I'm pretty sure that I need them to fit in between fully compressed and fully extended....I don't have access to a forklift to pick it up and measure any suggestions???

Thanks
-Brandon-

when we measure for shocks we take it out to a spot where we wheel, find a ditch or something and flex it out until the suspension is at a complete "droop" and then we measure, and yea this is with shocks attached whatsoever...

Last edited:
How I ordered my Bilstiens was they looked at the shocks that come in a kit with the Skyjacker lift and looked up the specs. If the MAF lift comes with shocks in a kit or as an option, look up the specs on that shock and order from their. If you are replacing shocks that worked, you can also measure them or take them to a 4wd shop.

bandy rooster said:
when we measure for shocks we take it out to a spot where we wheel, find a ditch or something and flex it out until the suspension is at a complete "droop" and then we measure, and yea this is with no leaf springs attached whatsoever...
No leaf springs attatched whatsoever??
what retains the axle???

I think he meant shocks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom