Shocker's FJ Cruiser SEMA Pics (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Don't feel like remote hosting them, so here they all are.

Start with the engine bay....
engine 1.jpg
engine 2.jpg
engine 3.jpg

more engine....
engine 6.jpg
engine 4.jpg

I realize these photos might be somewhat redundant, but just thinking that one angle might see something that I didn't initially notice that all the others miss.

Exterior shots....
front.jpg
rear door.jpg
front quarter.jpg

Last exterior...
rear hatch 2.jpg
PS.jpg

Front suspension....
front susp 2.jpg
front suspension.jpg
behind front susp.jpg

Sliders and skid plates....
slider mounts 2.jpg
slider mounts.jpg
control arm.jpg

Interior, including what might be my biggest complaint about the FJ: Forward visibility.

It's hard to tell in the picture, but the view of the terrain immediately (say, within 5 yards) in front of the vehicle is obstructed by the bulging hood. Judging by the engine, I think the hump in the hood is purely aesthetic, and wish they would have done without it. The "vent" looking thing on top of the front of the hood is just for looks and isn't functional in any way.

Not sure if it will be big enough to read, but I also took a pic of the list of modifications that was posted by the FJ.
instruments 1.jpg
front view.jpg
list.jpg

Last edited:
And, just for grins, here's some pics of the MEGA CRUISER, including some Toyota portal action.

Incidentally, my dreams of one day owning one were dashed when, upon attempting to sit in the thing, I realized they were in no way built for someone who is 6'5". If I had managed to squeeze in, my knees would have been in my nutsack.
mega hatch.jpg
mega portals.jpg
mega engine.jpg

last one....
mega front susp.jpg

Nice undercarriage pics. Everything is identical to the 4Runner

Here are the pics of the FJ lit, but they probably aren't legible as I had to resize them to fit the filesize limits.

Anyone wants to host them, I can email them to you later (around 5:30 West siiiiiiiiiiide time)
back small.jpg
front small.jpg

Nice pics Shocker.

I think I'm "for" the FJC more than I have been.

Hell FirstToy and a few others have already tested out the suspension set up for the FJC.

IMHO:

Bad: Visibility all the way around, rear tire carrier & door, and the permanently attached top

Good: Updated stereo system, interior, availabilty of mods

FirstToy: Notice the CV angles, they don't seem to be the same as the 4th Gen Runner. If I remember correctly, the 4th gave a little more room for lift without compromising the CV angles. I thought it was like an inch on the outside of the axles. Maybe my memory is off (likely) but correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks,

Doug

shocker said:
Interior, including what might be my biggest complaint about the FJ: Forward visibility.

It's hard to tell in the picture, but the view of the terrain immediately (say, within 5 yards) in front of the vehicle is obstructed by the bulging hood. Judging by the engine, I think the hump in the hood is purely aesthetic, and wish they would have done without it. The "vent" looking thing on top of the front of the hood is just for looks and isn't functional in any way.

I think the big lever on the side of the seat is to adjust the seat height. I drove a new 4runner and it had a similiar lever and I was able to raise the seat about 3 inches with it. That should solve the visability problem, or at least help.

FJseat.jpg

UltraFJ said:
Nice pics Shocker.

I think I'm "for" the FJC more than I have been.

Hell FirstToy and a few others have already tested out the suspension set up for the FJC.

IMHO:

Bad: Visibility all the way around, rear tire carrier & door, and the permanently attached top

Good: Updated stereo system, interior, availabilty of mods

FirstToy: Notice the CV angles, they don't seem to be the same as the 4th Gen Runner. If I remember correctly, the 4th gave a little more room for lift without compromising the CV angles. I thought it was like an inch on the outside of the axles. Maybe my memory is off (likely) but correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks,

Doug

Doug,
The CV's look good- the boot ridges are not touching and it looks pretty level. Maybe the angle of the pic makes it look more tweaked. In any case, it looks the same as the 4Runner.

The issue will be getting softer rear springs for the lighter and shorter FJC. I'm sure vendors will supply and they certainly are easy enough to pop in.

The front is no fun, I much prefer installing a SFA lift.

Another thing I noticed today is that the blue color kinda grows on you when you see it in person. Still probably not my first choice, but it looks a bit better than the early pics indicated.

OK, figured out my remote hosting.

Here are some full size - legible pictures of the literature piece they were handing out at SEMA.

Click on the thumb for full picture.

UltraFJ said:

Thanks,

Doug

Im not sure if this has been mentioned or not but it has a 3" coilover on it, This might be why the CV angles are different
It looked great too!

TopoWest said:
I think the big lever on the side of the seat is to adjust the seat height. I drove a new 4runner and it had a similiar lever and I was able to raise the seat about 3 inches with it. That should solve the visability problem, or at least help.

FJseat.jpg

Awesome! seats that actually look like seats. WTF was up with the seats in the first pics of the FJ? That was by far the scariest part for me. Don't understand why there is so much bitching, I think it looks pretty good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom