Shock Sizing (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
O.K. So, luckily this year I have the money at the same time as the Rancho Special buy 3, get 1 free shock deal. I know some of you probably aren't Rancho fans, but I had R9000's on my Trooper and loved being able to adjust them.

So, anyway, I'm looking through the aplication guide, and the differnet sizes for mounting. For stock it lists S51 / S51 front (1/2" x 2-5/8" stem), and rear S51 / L3. I'm o.k. with the stems, I have to put adapters in those. It's the L3 that is the problem. It's a 3/4" x 1-9/16" bushing. The reason that's a problem is the L3 is not very common as far as finding shocks to fit.

What has anyone else done for fitting shocks to the stock mount? Or is it best to just not use the stock lower rear mount at all?

so, nobody has anything other than OME on?

I know I have seen some post about them but it has been a longtime.
It seems most have been moving to bilsteins lately.

Let me see if I understand the question. The lower rear bushing has a 9/16" hole, which is not a straight fit for the LC lower shock mount, right?

I had the same issue with my Bilsteins - used a rubber mallet to get them seated enough to get the nut back on and then tightened 'em up. I know Frankie has the exact bushings now, maybe he can source you some. Poly shock bushings are pretty cheap if the eye size is the same between Rancho and Bilstein shocks (I bet it is).

Have you considered just going to eye adapters and choosing your shocks from there?

Have you considered just going to eye adapters and choosing your shocks from there?

I'm planning on using eye adapters on the three stems, it's just that lower rear that is a sizing issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom