Shock quesions... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Best shocks?

Does anyone have a recommendation on the best shock set-up. I have an 85 FJ60 with 2.5" OME lift and 33" tires. The shocks are old and tired and I don't know which ones work the best. Are there advantages to dual shocks. I've seen them, but never used a dual system. I'm just looking for a little bit better ride. Thanks, Brad

Last edited:
Do you have the OME shocks right now? Did you like them when new? They seem to be the most pricey shock that is tailored specifically to the 60 series, and everything ARB makes seems pretty well engineered. Im happy with my rough country shocks, and they are pretty cheap too. Dual shocks arent really necessary unless you have a really heavy wheel/tire combo or really work the shock hard enough to foam the oil in the shock. Im sure others will chime in with their preferences.

Thanks! They are actually older shocks with no brand name, but a Midas sticker on them. This must have been way before I bought the truck. OME sounds like the way to go, although pretty pricey...

I would say that any decent nitro shock or of course OME would be way better than an old midas shock. Its probably a low pressure twin tube junker. I heavily considered OME becuase of their reputation but ended up going with a cheaper alternative since i figured a lot of what you are paying for is the brand name.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom