Shock pin orientation... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I may be over-thinking this...

In the process of doing the black pipe rear shock mount mod/repair.

I cut out my old top shock mount pins, welded in place and am getting ready to weld the black pipe to the frame. My ?

Are the top pins parallel to the ground, weight on or off, etc. Or is it good to go if I can get the shock hoops on? Does it matter much?

I can envision slightly larger loads on the pins if the angle is not correct, but can't imagine it being of any consequence for a daily runner/beater snowplow rig

Oh, if I didn't mention...it's a holy hell of rusty crap underneath this thing, already induced one seeping brake line with all my pounding and de-rustification efforts:bang:

Nice trick for removing shocks off the pins top and bottom... use a small three claw bearing puller...works slick:cheers:

Dave

parallel to the ground

Complete...

...it's a done deal, and it looks parallel to ground best I can tell with my subjective yet critical observation.

FYI...for me this job (though one :banana:) took about a day and a half between pulling it in, getting pipe, drilling, cutting out the old stuff, grinding and welding, and...I'm still not done putting in the two brake lines!

I dislike with a level of intensity...rust!

Mace, thanks for the reply!

Dave

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom