Shock Absorbers Touching Sway Bar (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys,

Just got Koni Raid 90 shock absorbers installed. As you can see they’re almost touching the sway bar. Anyone had a similar issue? Any known solution?

Thanks!

28BC7DC1-8C07-4415-95A2-40FE968A285A.jpeg

Just a thought, do you see how your sway bar link is being pulled to the rear slightly? I'd guess if you put extended links on there it would fix the problem.

Just a thought, do you see how your sway bar link is being pulled to the rear slightly? I'd guess if you put extended links on there it would fix the problem.

I thought of the same thing :) wanted to make sure my logic is still working properly haha. Trying to find extended links online now

Check out trail-tailor.com. He also has a thread on the 1st page of the 100 forum.
I saw his product, but trying to find one that's sold locally here in Dubai. Not looking good so far though. Will probably end up ordering it from Trailor-Trailor..

Really? It won’t like break anything?
that’s at full droop yeah, it’s hanging at the garage

Really? It won’t like break anything?
that’s at full droop yeah, it’s hanging at the garage

It's not going to break anything. I ran that way for a long time before building extended links. Actually, my 80 series is still that way, no problems so far. (about 3 years since the lift went on...)

I'm not saying extended swaybar links aren't a good idea, because they are. Just that you aren't likely to see any problems with your existing setup.

Hi Noaly

but you have mounted a lift kit and maybe the sway bar link have become short ?

Giacomo

Hey Giacomo

Yes the car’s been lifted. Makes sense that the links have become shorter. It’s just I don’t know of someone who’ve had this issue before so wasn’t sure if it’s “normal”

It's not going to break anything. I ran that way for a long time before building extended links. Actually, my 80 series is still that way, no problems so far. (about 3 years since the lift went on...)

I'm not saying extended swaybar links aren't a good idea, because they are. Just that you aren't likely to see any problems with your existing setup.

That’s great to know! Will use it in the meantime then until I’ve managed to source extended links.

Thanks I Lean!

Will a washer create more space between the shock and the sway bar?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom