Shipping from Partsouq, Amayama (UAE) etc... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'm kind of going the route that @OGBeno is suggesting. I started ordering parts from my local dealer and they quickly started giving me a 20 percent discount. Once you factor in the shipping costs for Amayama, partsouq, and McGeorge it's pretty close. I'm willing to throw a few bucks to help a local business and they know me by sight now. I still price compare, though.

Some things are no brainers to price compare for Stateside folks.

Steering gear box (44110-60212), you buy from Partsouq.

McGeorge Toyota $2957 + shipping + sales tax for most
Partsouq $1767 + shipping

1FZ-FE short block (11400-66041) you buy from your local Toyota parts counter because some do in fact compete for your business.

Boch Toyota $3487 + $622 = $4109 shipped to CA (refund/exchange a real prob)
My local Toyota parts $3487 + $331 tax = $3818
Overseas vendors not even worth quoting

Assuming you've got a good relationship locally, your Toyota parts counter is in the catbird seat along the inventory accuracy, availability, shipping time frame and potential remediation fronts. One exception may be online ordering convenience. Partsouq has got this nailed.

Last edited:
Some things are no brainers to price compare for Stateside folks.

Steering gear box (44110-60212), you buy from Partsouq.

McGeorge Toyota $2957 + shipping + sales tax for most
Partsouq $1767 + shipping

1FZ-FE short block (11400-66041) you buy from your local Toyota parts counter because some do in fact compete for your business.

Boch Toyota $3487 + $622 = $4109 shipped to CA (refund/exchange a real prob)
My local Toyota parts $3487 + $331 tax = $3818
Overseas vendors not even worth quoting

Assuming you've got a good relationship locally, your Toyota parts counter is in the catbird seat along the inventory accuracy, availability, shipping time frame and potential remediation fronts. One exception may be online ordering convenience. Partsouq has got this nailed.
I'm loyal to my wallet, first. My current engine replacement has stuff from partsouq, amayama, McGeorge, Olathe, my local dealer, and others. When there is a sharp price difference I go price first. When it's close, I'll go with my local dealer.

I shop around a lot. Toyota NZ pricing seems to be all over the place, some stuff is crazy cheap (FJ40 drum brake wheel cylinders, $10 each). Usually you can get trade price if you ask nicely or provide a box of beers.

I've ordered small stuff from both Partsouq and Amayama when Toyota NZ says 6 week wait. Mostly good experiences, but be warned once partsouq has your money they won't refund or cancel for any reason - that's why I have a single genuine front brake caliper.

Partsouq's shipping used to be lightening fast, like 2-3 days to NZ. I suspect it came on the daily Dubai-AKL Emirates flight, but i have no idea really.

In the current climate I'm supporting local as much as possible.

Would love it if my local dealer would be competitive, but when I tell them I can get the same part for 25% less shipped to my door they tell me I should order it online then. So I do...

I normally pay a little more to shop local but some of the parts orders we are talking hundreds in savings. My rule of thumb now is I'll got to the local dealer if the parts is under $10 or I have to have it fast regardless of cost. I do keep giving them chances to price quote bigger stuff too.

I'm kind of going the route that @OGBeno is suggesting. I started ordering parts from my local dealer and they quickly started giving me a 20 percent discount. Once you factor in the shipping costs for Amayama, partsouq, and McGeorge it's pretty close. I'm willing to throw a few bucks to help a local business and they know me by sight now. I still price compare, though.

Man, if only there was a competent parts team in a dealership somewhere.

At this point, I seem to have a better grasp on 80s parts diagrams than anyone I've dealt with in a dealership anytime in recent history.

Here we pay the "down under " tax. Everything seems to be a week out of Melbourne, or 3 weeks plus or if Japan.
Bend over, assume the position, pay full price up front, hope it's not more than 3 weeks and that the Muppet at the counter hasn't got it wrong.

Partsouq has consistently been 3-7 days max. Shipped via DHL.
Occasionally they haven't had parts that showed as in stock.

I gave up on Amayama early in covid. I previously had great results with them. Not sure what happened, they seemed to cease servicing Australia for a while, and it seems people comment consistently on slow shipping.

I have gotten advice from you before for that reason too mudgudgeoin. And as for Australian pricing. It's insane. I look on EBay for parts every now and then and see what I need and it is only offered in Australia for three times the price or more. I had to have an Ostrich Wing and I swear that thing is worth more than my 1HDT.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom