Shipping costs? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi guys,
Looking at a vehicle for sale in New Brunswick, and wonder if someone might know what it might cost to have it shipped to Ottawa, and might recommend a good shipper?
Thanks!

it better be worth the shiiping from over there.
shipping is crazy expensive, you better off to got drive the truck back yourself, or hire a friend.

yeah, +1, is the rig not driveable? it's not too too far from NB...

btw, is that you with the blue Hz80 with the barn doors i've seen somewhere here on mud? it's a european 80 no? got pics?!

g'luck on gettin the rig home.
cheers.

find someone with a rig and a trailer and pay them or pay someone to drive it back way cheaper .
mike /mose

Shoot - that's only a day trip from Ottawa!

Rent a U-haul and trailer if you can't find anyone to do it cheap. Make sure you get lots of miles included - or at least find out what the per mile cost is on the local rental. It might work out cheaper to rent a u-haul one way, drive out there, return the u-haul... rent another u-haul with trailer and drive it back. (local rentals where you return to the same spot you rented from kill you with milage) Might be able to make some money at the same time if anyone needs stuff moved!!

If you go that route rent the AT (Auto Transporter) not the TD (Tow dolly).

(Yes, I used to work at U-Haul)

Hi all,
Sorry for not getting back in touch sooner.
I decided to pass on the vehicle in N-B. It was a Series Land-Rover, of which I used to own one and have been thinking of getting one again for use in some of the trails near the country place I acquired this summer. Plus, another endless opportunity for wrenching and bloody knuckles! Ended up passing on it, price was good but old man winter is upon us, and I wouldnt' be doing anything with it until Spring anyway. The clutch was problematic on it, hence not drivable for the long haul. Found a local shipper who does the Ottawa-Montreal-Maritimes triangle, shipping cars and RV's using a long trailer and HD pickup. Apparently fully insured etc. His cost to go get the Rover and bring it back to me, with no other cars to bring over there, would be $1000. If he had a vehicle to bring over there, he would only charge me one leg, or $650. I didn't find that too bad, actually.

Yeah it's me with the european 80 with barn doors. I thought I had posted pictures before. Let's see if I have a couple here to send.

Thanks again!
80a.jpg
80b.jpg

Nice looking truck. Is that 62 for sale on Auto trader?
Dave

Thanks Romey, will followup on the diesel 88! You never know...

About the question on the "62", was that related to the other cruiser in one of my pics? If so, that was/is an 82 BJ60 I owned, before I chanced upon the 92 80 series. I sold it to a local guy, maybe it's up for sale now I don't know. That was a couple of years ago.

Cheers!

Yes, sorry I was looking at the other truck in the pic. There was one just like it on Autotrader about a week ago for sale in Ottawa.
Dave

Could have been my old BJ60, I don't know. Just checked on trader.ca and doesn't seem to be there anymore. If it WAS mine, it was a good solid old 60 when I sold it 2 years ago (good frame, clean interior, very good mechanicals, solid body/doors/etc.). Basic (no power steering, 4 speed). I would still be driving it had I not chanced on the HZJ80, though the manual steering was a bit of a bear in city parking lots...;) Couldn't justify keeping two Cruisers, though had I known I could have kept the BJ at my country place, for back-road and trail driving. :hmm:
2cruisers.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom