Shipping a 2f question...

BigSur

I have a guy interested in buying a 2f from me and i am in dallas and i think he's in Caly. What is the best method of shipping? Will a company come to my house and pick it up or pack it for me?

just ship it UPS and make it oversized......

just kidding.
i don't think they will box it for you,but they might come get it at your house.
your probably going to have to make a crate for it,or get it well secured on a palate.

Cube Dweller

Check out Forward Air. I've never used them, but I've heard they will ship big stuff that's crated to a few central shipping locations.

sactocruiser said:
Check out Forward Air. .
Second that. They're the cheapest way to move heavy stuff long distances I know of. I've received a few things shipped using them.

Pros:
Cheap
Pretty fast service. Usually < 7 days from anywhere in the US

Cons:
You have to drop it off and receiver has to pick it up at one of their depots. That means you both need one somewhere reasonably near by and access to a truck.

If you don't look like a truck driver when you walk in there it's hard to get anybody to talk to you.

Also:

- Some (most?) of their places don't take plastic or cash. Money orders only.
- Use the smallest skid you can, even if you have to cut one down. They charge not only by weight but by the 3d footprint of the item.
- Crate your engine. It'll increase the weight, but reduce the chances of it arriving broken.

I have also used Pilot Air. They were more expensive but comparable otherwise.

Forward Air gets my vote.Had a motor shipped from Miami to Newark,NJ and I think it cost $130.Best part was it was here in a couple of days.Good luck.

Top Bottom