shipper says i need a customs broker to ship a 3b from Canada to US??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
im trying to ship a 3b i bought in canada to california.

the shipping quote was somewhat ok, but he says i would need a customs broker to handle the paperwork b/c they dont deal with customs whatsoever. would a customs broker be needed for used auto parts?????????

please let me know i would really appreciate it.

:popcorn::beer:

Yes, you need a customs broker for any international shipment. Many couriers do their own customs but some do not.

Customs process was real easy and cheap too. The shipper that brought my 3B over did not even have to slow down at customs. I will post the contact info tomorrow for the broker I used. Went smooth only cost about $130. She can email you the forms to fill out and all you do is fax them back and give them a credit card number. Easy as pie. Forms are a little confusing, I will review my notes and make another post tomorrow.

You do not need a broker to bring in motors under a certain value. I do however, recommend you use a broker. It's cheap insurance to make the process go more smoothly. Make sure you get the epa forms and fill in with the motor serial numbers. The 12HT and 13Bt I just brought in were held up by customs for a week while they "inspected" because I didn't have the forms and serials in advance. Huge PITA that I should have known better.
Bmac

Customs process was real easy and cheap too. The shipper that brought my 3B over did not even have to slow down at customs. I will post the contact info tomorrow for the broker I used. Went smooth only cost about $130. She can email you the forms to fill out and all you do is fax them back and give them a credit card number. Easy as pie. Forms are a little confusing, I will review my notes and make another post tomorrow.

dude thanks a million email me or reply back my email is :

youngpete @ h o t m a i l . c o m

(remove spaces):cheers:

Broker

The name of the Broker is A & A Contract Customs Brokers USA. Speak to Autumn Fitzgerald 888-332-2202 Ext# 7283. They do lots of US/Canada Customs. The final cost based on the declared value of $1000, (for 3B motor, trans and t-case) ended up being $96.05. Not bad. Here are some points to remember on the forms when you get them, and Autumn will check everything before its sent to Customs.

This section refers to the Customs Invoice: "Shipper" refers to the person you are buying the motor from in Canada. "Consignee" is your name and adress. "Terms of Sale" put Pre-paid. I listed the actual country of origin "Japan" and listed as "used engine".

On the EPA Form: Check box D "Other non-road compression-ignition engines."

Check box #17 "Engine Manufactured prior to emissions standards...."

For "Engine Manufacturer" I lsited Toyota Industrial and put the number off the side of the block. "Build Date" Jan 1983 and check the box that states "on engine".

I would type a letter giving the person actually bringing in the motor permission to have and transport your property, get it notorized and get them a copy. My shipper requested a copy of my birth certificate, but ask Autumn at AA Brokers, I dont think that is neccessary. Feel free to contact me with any other quesitons.

Good Luck;:beer:

gonna move to tech

Wow!! $300K, what type of work do you do? They are a great company, the shipper I had bring in my motor has used A&A for all kinds of strange, off the wall stuff going between Canada and US. Huge Bronze Deer statue over 7 feet tall to name one!!! If anyone has any odd shipping needs like motors or just about anything else I have her contact info. She goes all over the US and Canada, like I posted before, brought my complete 3B running gear from Vancouver to Bham AL. (2700+ miles) for $900!!!!

Careful man, UPS charged me areound $40 for brokerage on $42 dollars worth of parts, my final bill was two and half times the cost of the parts, fxxxing cocksucking fxxxs

UPS will screw you. Thats why you find a shipping company to move it and use a different person for the broker service. No double dipping!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom