Ship happens (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just incase anyone else hates UPS. A friend of mine turned me on to these folks last year and I've used them several times with good service. For those ebay sellers or US companies who refuse to ship to Canada. If they will only use those UPS pirates ship your items, have them shipped here C/O SHIP HAPPENS. Its a mom and pop outfit in Sumas Washington. Its just across the border and you can walk across for light items. They notify you when your package arrives and you just go pick it up. There is a five dollar fee for the service which is peanuts compared to the $50 buggering I got from those scam artists at UPS the last time. No brokerage fees for me anymore. Hope this helps someone, Its sure saved me a ton of cabbage.

www.shiphappenssumas.com
115 1st Street
Sumas, WA 98295, United States
(360) 988-8100

Have used them for years now, they rock, UPS can and do suck balls.
Friend of mine shipped a quad there, it was there for a few days while he got the paper work in order, $15.00 was all they charged.
I am sure they do cars and trucks as well.

X2. been using ship happens...great service. dont forget to pet the kitty if its sitting on the counter...

dont even get me started on UPS. either cross border raperage fees, or even canada within canada, they're nothing but a bunch or moronic robbing idiots.

Yes, I have heard good things about Ship Happens too. Letterlock is also in Sumas, who I've used for many years (started with them, stayed with them). $4US or $5CDN per package and now they've started giving out $1US coupons on your receipt for the next time. They will also take your packages across the border to their store in Abbotsford (I can't recall what they charge for that, but no brokerage fees like UPS nails you with).

I had all of the raffle prizes for last month's draw from Harbor Freight shipped there; the shipping and pickup was less than the state sales tax and pretty darn convenient (no sales tax when ordering online!).

I work in the US quite often; any club members need anything picked up, send me a PM.

:cheers:

Yes, I have heard good things about Ship Happens too. Letterlock is also in Sumas, who I've used for many years (started with them, stayed with them). $4US or $5CDN per package and now they've started giving out $1US coupons on your receipt for the next time. They will also take your packages across the border to their store in Abbotsford (I can't recall what they charge for that, but no brokerage fees like UPS nails you with).

:cheers:

interesting. any idea how often they go to abby? and do they pay the taxes etc @ the border and you reimburse them? how does that work?

I'm not sure Sonny, you'd have to give them a call and ask about the taxes and duty, etc. I wouldn't be surprised if it's somehow exempt. I haven't paid duty or taxes at the border in over two years despite often being over my limit many times.

As far as I know, they make a daily trip across the border to deliver packages, at least that is what they told me when I needed to ship a parcel to Florida for the :princess: at Christmas and didn't want to wait in the long border line-up. For that parcel, IIRC, I simply paid what it would have cost me to ship it from the Canada (via Fedex), but it got their faster because it left same day from Sumas, not the next day or so via a CDN Fedex location.

Their Abby office is right in the old downtown.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom