Shimmy Shakin' 80 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.markkuz.com
I am taking my rig into the tire shop Monday because since my first tire rotation I have had a little shake in the front coming back to the steering wheel. This mostly happens on slight turns at sppeds from 45-65 but once in a while straight line I can let go of the wheel and watch it turn back and forth an inch or so. I have given it some time to work itself out because the new tire had been put on the front (driver side). So I figured it might be because the knobs were still squared and not worn down like the other tires. :rolleyes: But it's been a month and a half and still shakin' every now and then. I also get a sensation like the the front passenger is not balanced and feel a little hop to it.
When I fist bought the tires in Nov the guy was going to put it on the rack and check the alignment and let me know. But when I picked it up he wasn't there and they were slammed that day and I didn't remember till' a week later that he was going to do that for me. So I am thinking that never happened and I need an alignment.
Could an un-balanced tire cause this problem?
By the way the tires are Cooper Dicovery MT's

this might not apply, but god forbid if you got off in some mud...but if so, you might check the inside of the wheel/rim. i've found that if i get in some mud (by accident, of course...) and some of it gets on the inner part of the wheel, it throws the balance off until i can get it to a pressure washer and clean it out. even a little can make it shake like that.

OK, so before I could even finish explaining the problem the guy at the shop stopped me and said wheels out of balance. Well maybe they should have balanced it when they roatated the tires. :rolleyes: Well I didn't give them too much crap and the truck rolls down the road great now. My guess is that they either just roatated the tires and didn't bother to balance them or they missed one in the whole roatation process and dis-mounting and mounting two since my spare rim is non matching.
That reminds me anyone got a chrome rim they wanna get rid of that is in decent shape? I gotta price out chroming my spare to match if I can't find a rim before my next rotation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom