Shifting popped out... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Took my rig up for it's second trip last weekend, first on trail type terrain. Other than realizing the gearing is WAAAYYY too high for crawling (stock 4speed/xfer/37's/4:10's), I had a couple instances where the shifter felt "stuck", and then on top of a rock pile it got stuck in reverse. It felt as if it was in the 1/2 and 3/4 nuetral slot, and when I removed the shifter this was confirmed. I was able to easily pop reverse back into nuetral, but what could be caising this? I have brand new SOR replacement pins, shifter doesn't look too worn.

Now I just need gearing about 3 times lower...

Thanks,

I would first check the clutch and hydraulic system(cheap and easy). If that checks out OK, then you will need to pull the top off of the Tranny and check for play in the shifter fork indexing rods. These Trannys are almost Bullet Proof, but I have seen weird things happen to those who choose the 350sb.

Clutch is good, disengages with no dragging. Seems like the sort of issue that would be caused by worn components, but nothing is jumping out at me. I'll take a few pics later and see if a more experienced eye detects trouble.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom