Shifter replacement for 1993 80 series (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So a while back I went to take out my Landcruiser and it wouldn't go into gear. After tearing it apart (with the help of a friend who knows more than I) we found that the button on the side that you push in to shift gears was no longer engaging. We've looked around quite a bit and haven't been able to find one. It's been sitting almost a year now. At this point I don't really know what to do. Put an aftermarket shifter in it? How much of a PITA is that? Suggestions are welcome, shyte flipping will be returned free of charge ;)

Is the spring for the button broken? Part number: 9050107009

You can buy a new shifter handle (3354220150C0) but I don't think it comes with a new button.

Of course, Onur may chime in once again to tell me that these parts are NLA despite the catalogs telling me they're not...

Yes, we figured it was likely a spring. We didn't tear it completely down that far, just far enough to see the little button underneath that is compressed by the spring. Thank you. Is it easy to tear down further and replace the spring? Can you still get that spring from a dealer?

I got one I can sell you cheap that's missing the plastic piece with the p d r l on it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom