Shifter indicator plate part #? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
20200731_203548.jpg

Thanks Katit and Clayinho! The bubbling around the indicators have always bugged me LOL.

Can the bubbling be fixed rather than replacing the whole piece?

Can the bubbling be fixed rather than replacing the whole piece?
I actually tried to heat it up with a hair dryer to flatten the bubbles but ended up with some of the material flaking off. The PRND2L peice is just a sticker put on from the inside. After 20 years, I think mine was just too far gone to repair. Maybe someone else has a better repair?

There was someone a while back that I saw that went through tons of effort to cut/print new letters and mask and paint and all that. He ended up using a different font that didn't look quite right, but it was "restored". Not sure it's worth the effort to find that thread though over a $70 part.

I actually tried to heat it up with a hair dryer to flatten the bubbles but ended up with some of the material flaking off. The PRND2L peice is just a sticker put on from the inside. After 20 years, I think mine was just too far gone to repair. Maybe someone else has a better repair?

I also suggest to buy that plastic cover for the hole. It will be off once you install new panel (new vs scratched/dull)

This is where searching landed me so I'm digging this up from the grave. When I search for the part number I find it to be discontinued AS USUAL.:bang: What are you all doing about this? It looks like crap and mines so bad a bunch of light pours out at night.

That's exactly what I just did.

That's exactly what I just did.
Just showed up in the mail. Really nice looking product and it shipped pretty quick. I'll get some more pictures to add once installed.

IMG_20220218_090918.jpg
IMG_20220218_090954.jpg

Looks great. Would love to see it after the install, especially the view at night. I'm trying to keep my 2001 LC stock, but may have to go this route.
Will do. It might be a little bit because I've got a bunch of other s*** I want to do at the same time as replacing the head unit. I am actually getting ready to contact the seller. Some of the glue used to adhere the tinted acrylic behind the numbers spread more than they probably intended. Some of the adhesive was visible through the holes. I'm going to see if he would sell me another one. Just me being picky probably.

Will do. It might be a little bit because I've got a bunch of other s*** I want to do at the same time as replacing the head unit. I am actually getting ready to contact the seller. Some of the glue used to adhere the tinted acrylic behind the numbers spread more than they probably intended. Some of the adhesive was visible through the holes. I'm going to see if he would sell me another one. Just me being picky probably.
I don't think you are being picky for the price, which is about twice that of the now discontinued OEM piece. Also, too, I'm guessing you purchased this because of the dreaded "bubbling paint' in your original plate. All of us want a clean look or we we wouldn't be hell-bent on finding a solution...

I don't think you are being picky for the price, which is about twice that of the now discontinued OEM piece. Also, too, I'm guessing you purchased this because of the dreaded "bubbling paint' in your original plate. All of us want a clean look or we we wouldn't be hell-bent on finding a solution...
Just as a quick update, the seller got back to me in less than an hour and is already shipping me a new piece of acrylic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom