Shift Rail Detent Springs (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I"m in need of the shift rail detent springs for my 1981 FJ40, the top 3-4 coils of the springs rusted and broke. I need the shorter ones ( I believe there's longer & shorter) Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Try this
90360-10003​
Ball​
$1.19​
3​
$3.57​
90501-14772​
Spring Compression​
$4.00​
3​
$12.00​

@TL44

Those are Toyota OEM part numbers. The prices quoted include about a 30% discount. List price for the spring is $5.80 each.

I got mine from SOR and can't remember why. I usually get oem parts "HERE"

Thanks all. Unfortunately that's not the ones I need. I need the shorter springs my transmission buddy already ordered these from SOR so he's asking me if I can find the correct ones.
81 FJ40 US Model

Toyota Parts Deal. 1981 Detent Springs "HERE"

I went through this same exercise, but needed the longer springs. Cruiser outfitters has kits with the shorter springs. Thankfully, I still had the longer springs, just needed the balls. give Kurt at CO a call, they'll hook you up.

I went through this same exercise, but needed the longer springs. Cruiser outfitters has kits with the shorter springs. Thankfully, I still had the longer springs, just needed the balls. give Kurt at CO a call, they'll hook you up.
Hey thanks !! I just called them and all they said they had was the 31mm longer one and that was all he was showing.

If you want or need the shorter springs, I can throw them in the mail for you. PM me your address and I'll mail them out sometime this week.

Sorry Mate, guess they sent me the last three short spring packs.
Hey it's cool. My one non broken spring measures 24mm, I'm just going to order the long ones and fab em down to size. Thanks again for all the help !
If you want or need the shorter springs, I can throw them in the mail for you. PM me your address and I'll mail them out sometime this week.
Heck yes that would be tremendous! PM sent. Thank you!!

Thanks again for the springs!! Unfortunately these measure 19mm so they're a little short, I need 24mm and I'm stumped on why I can't find them :-( I'll just have to order the 31mm and grind em down to 24mm. Anything I can ever do for ya just lmk..

Thanks again for the springs!! Unfortunately these measure 19mm so they're a little short, I need 24mm and I'm stumped on why I can't find them :-( I'll just have to order the 31mm and grind em down to 24mm. Anything I can ever do for ya just lmk..
Oh no! Total bummer, sorry they didnt work out. Oh well, pass them on to someone who can use them.

Cheers:beer:

Are you saying this Toyota part number won't work? 90501-14029 . It's listed for a 1981.
How do you know you need 24mm?

Are you saying this Toyota part number won't work? 90501-14029 . It's listed for a 1981.
How do you know you need 24mm?
There's 3 of them & part# 90501-14029 lists the quantity as "2" so that threw me a red flag. One of the old ones hasn't completely broken and it measures 24mm long & 9mm diameter.

Could that old spring have collapsed some with age? Mine stuck up quite a bit and I used longer bolts to compress them and pull the plate down into position.
Some pics of my installing them "HERE"

Could that old spring have collapsed some with age? Mine stuck up quite a bit and I used longer bolts to compress them and pull the plate down into position.
Some pics of my installing them "HERE"
Idk, I guess that's possible. I'm going to call Toyota Parts Deal and see if I can get a measurement on the 90501-14029 springs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom