Shift Lock Problems (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
In the midst of installing a new 3D-printed shift plate, which wasn't a clean fit and I snapped a clip off btw, I took off my shift knob, disconnected harnesses, snipped the overdrive wires with the intent of reconnecting it (necessary to remove the shift knob), I now cannot shift to any thing other than "PARK" other than to depress the white button and hold it down. Or at least hold the plastic lever down underneath it (what pressing down the shift lock does). It does not shift in any other single scenario other than that, I can have my keys in the ignition to "on", while the LX is running, etc.

The shift lock piece must've popped off when I removed the trim piece, I just saw a spring laying there doing nothing. You guys know the fix for this?

unnamed (6).jpg

unnamed (5).jpg

unnamed (4).jpg

If anyone can share any images or anything of how it's supposed to look, that'd be great. I'm now having issues taking the keys out of the ignition unless I disconnect the negative terminal. Other posts on here indicate a "failure" of "shift lock controller" but have no idea what part number that would be.

This was the thread:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom