Shift lever on 2014 Lexus is stiff...Shift cable?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi. I have 2014 Lexus LX570 I bought used few months back. Everything is perfect except the gear shift lever is really stiff after not driven for 2 or 3 days.. then it's just fine after that. Transmission shifts just fine it's just the shift lever from P to R to D. I did find old tread from 2016 on this site but no resolution. Someone told me I might need to replace the shift cable but once I drive everyday, it's fine.....Any help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

This has been asked here many times, and at some point someone figured out that it is caused by something that is totally unrelated to the transmission, but somehow affects the shifting. Something like greasing the tailgate hinges (it's not that). Very weird. But it's on here somewhere, maybe someone can dig up the thread.

This has been asked here many times, and at some point someone figured out that it is caused by something that is totally unrelated to the transmission, but somehow affects the shifting. Something like greasing the tailgate hinges (it's not that). Very weird. But it's on here somewhere, maybe someone can dig up the thread.
Thanks for the reply. I'm still searching. I do see a thread from 2016 with exact issue but no solution

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom