shhhhhhhka shhhhhhhhka noise? Ideas? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Skillet

Skillet
Threads
When I start out from a dead stop, the truck makes a shhhhhhhhka shhhhhhhka noise. Sounds like it is coming from right side of engine compartment. Not bad or grindy or anything and it stops the minute she shifts into second...
Does this sound like a transmission problem? Air intake?
Cannot figure it out. It is not that loud but noticeable...:confused:

Rock in the brake's dust shield.

DougM

Second that it's something in the brakes.

I sencond Tucker. I had the same noise. I clamped my cats and that stopped the noise (I think I did that based on an older post... do a search:)

BROKEROB1 said:
I sencond Tucker. I had the same noise. I clamped my cats and that stopped the noise (I think I did that based on an older post... do a search:)
Sorry - that's why I was so vague ... meant for him to search up on how to fix. You will get a sound like that at low RPMs from the cat. shields rattling against the exhaust pipes right under the passenger foot well. You need to get some large clamps and tighten them up ;)

Tucker

Thanks Guys. I appreciate it.

tucker74 said:
Sorry - that's why I was so vague ... meant for him to search up on how to fix. You will get a sound like that at low RPMs from the cat. shields rattling against the exhaust pipes right under the passenger foot well. You need to get some large clamps and tighten them up ;)

Tucker

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom