She's TOPLESS! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
After tricking two friends to help me after work I've got my summer cruiser configuration for the first time. That thing was not light. Next the doors came off and I rigged the seatbelt points onto the roll bar.

Amazing. So much fun to roll down the road on what feels like a 4x4 sled. Without the top and doors there is almost nothing left to rattle, so she is much quieter. I also notice that the engine noise(diesel) is much reduced, I suppose because it doesn't resonate in the cabin. Handles better too - subtracting hundreds of pounds feels great!

Bikini top on its way!

Pic of the new cherry baby soon.

awesome man,

i love the top off. been like that for over a year now, ha ha.

runnin any doors?
i would suggest it after you get over the initial cool factor of no doors. they help keep a lot of crap out of the car like dirt and rocks and also help keep crap out of your eyes.
i'll be finishing up my half doors this week and i'll put up some pics. woo hoo

malphrus

oh, and bikini top is really really nice.

you don't realize how much it helps keep you cool until you take it off.
the sun is a powerful planet my friend, very powerful in deed...

malphrus

[quote author=72cruiser link=board=1;threadid=17596;start=msg170287#msg170287 date=1086565243]

the sun is a powerful planet my friend, very powerful in deed...

malphrus
[/quote]

so true, so very true.
i preffer to be rare, not well done.

I have noticed with the bikin there is not as much of a draft pulling debris into your face, as with the top off and the doors on. A bikin is da bomd=b, and the sun is a hot star :)

haha, i just droped my rig off to have a custom cage built for it, when i get it back, im not gonna put my top back on for a long long time.... haha, so any suggestions on what kind of bikini top to get?

Half-doors are a good idea too. I run steel half-doors I made from a wrecked set of doors off of a '69. If you aren't out in the sticks then those vinyl half-doors work fine but if you're in a woodsy area go steel. I have a nice scar on my leg where a stick came through the material and harpooned my calf.

I ordered the safari bikini top from sor after discovering that the extreme summer top didn't fit (my bench jump seats and roll bar spacing interfered).

I haven't driven in a debris filled area yet so the no-doors hasn't been a problem. I'll consider half doors at some point (perhaps the aluminum?)

Hail summer.

i got a besttop bikini, and it's worked fine for the last 2 years.
like it a lot.

yeah, i'm makin my half doors out of some nastier full doors.

i got the passenger side done a couple weeks ago, and tuesday night hope to have mine side done too

malphrus

For those running truely topless (5 yrs now for me, summer and winter), I have found two accessories I would never go without.

1) Plastic garage bags, you can put stuff in them to keep it dry and I lay one on the seat to sit on after a rain to keep clothes dry.
2) A squeegie, just a small 6 inch one that I hang on my windshield wiper knob and whatever the knob next to it is. It is just the "head" replacement squeegie not the whole thing with a long handle. Really helps in the rain when rain is blowing BACK onto the windshield.

BTW - riding in the rain is not a big deal. Most of the rain will blow over your truck and you will stay relatively dry - until you have to stop that is...

Speaking of which, does anybody want the SOR extreme summer top I have that wouldn't fit my non-stock bar? It is the model with the mesh "window" behind your head. I'll give you a good discount, especially if you can pick it up (I am in DC).

It is tan and has never been completely on the truck ;)

I DID mention the new racing handling my cruiser exhibits in the first post!

The diesel speed racer.

[quote author=shameless link=board=1;threadid=17596;start=msg170282#msg170282 date=1086564818]
Handles better too - subtracting hundreds of pounds feels great!

Bikini top on its way!

Pic of the new cherry baby soon.
[/quote]

My bad, all I read was this part and I thought you were talkin' about your girl!

JK. :cheers: to summer. :D

Chat chat chat chat.....

There is an area for this....

Pardon us for straying from our strict tech thread, Poser.

ha ha, good call shameless

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom