She's Runnin' Hot!! Need Your advice (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Austin, TX until 8/04 then Chicago, IL until 6/11
I have gotten great advice from the forum so I know you earheads will have a few good I deas for me. My new clutched 86 fj60's has a small leak in the water pump. I think it is leaking from what I think is called the "weeping" valve. I am planning on changing it really soon, but I was wondering, is it possible to buy a more powerful water pump which would keep my engine temp down. If this would not do the trick , then what is a relatively cheap way to get my baby to run cooler. SHe is my daily driver and my trip vehicle and she goes long distances at a time. She hasn't over heated and shut off, but I am afraid that if i drive her from austin to denver strait we might have some problems. Thanks alot.

Patrick

I got a new radiator from radiator.com - went from running normal/hot to running really cool - the radiator for my '83 was about $150 or so, and I didn't go with the OEM, I went with an aftermarket. The OEM is notoriously weak. The one I got from these guys is rock solid. I've had it in the truck for over a year, and it's made a world of difference. And the quality is so much better than the Toyota unit that was in my truck when I bought it. I can't stress that enough. (in fact, I'd bet you could put a V8 behind one of these radiators and it would do okay...)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom