She's Cummin' along nicely (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

:frown: no.

We have been SO busy lately that its kinda taken a back burner. The rash is getting worse so we are going to have to scratch it soon.

Tomorrow is booked with working on the VFR and a wedding so maybe sometime this week.

Trust me I will be informing ya'll when we get it done. and of course pics will accompany the announcement ;)

Last edited:
UPDATE: It runs!!

OK, its been quite awhile since i've posted anything on this beast.

The 60 is sitting on its own suspension and its looking great with those big tires on it :D

The engine and tranny are in place, as are the drive shafts.

Its going down to the muffler shop today to get an exhaust installed. 3in I think

The interior is mostly back in place. got the radio installed and it doesn't work :( so another one will have to be gotten. oh well.

My dad drove it down the road friday and says it runs great and drives nice. I will of course have to try this myself ;)

Sorry for the lack of pics, I will get some up here in the near future

As is always said this update is useless with out pic's..

We all are patiently waiting for the pics now.

krzyabncanuck said:
As is always said this update is useless with out pic's..

We all are patiently waiting for the pics now.
I know, I know, I forgot the camera sunday when we were working on it. so i'll have to see if I can get over there and get some of it.

:)

I'm just buggin ya. Heck i just got the front part of the cab of the 45 back on and took pic's but the old lady somehow took the program off the computer so we need to put it back on and update the heck out of my build.

Got the think back from the muffler shop and I *think* its going home this weekend. I'm headed that way sometime this weekend (mom's BD today) so I'll get some pics. Vehicles always look better when they are not sitting in a shop. ;)

and of course I'm going to have to test drive the thing :D ;)

Question, notcied the dropped motor mounts? Was that mandatory or was there an option of modifying the doghouse to get it in there? Would have been a lot of work to do the doghouse?

dieselcruiserhead said:
Question, notcied the dropped motor mounts? Was that mandatory or was there an option of modifying the doghouse to get it in there? Would have been a lot of work to do the doghouse?
I'll have to ask my dad for the complete answer. but from looking at it, I think its required as the top of the valve covers and intake are pretty close to where the hood goes. I doubt that the firewall had much, if anything to do with it.

i'll see if I can ask my dad about that and get back to you.

dude .. awesome swap .. Congrats .. for you and your father .. ! nice.

Is impresionat how much space you have, with a bit 6BT engine inside.

So .. dont forget the pics ..

workless.gif

OK, i've been kinda busy so I havn't got these pics up till now.

Light was kinda low, so forgive the lighting.
Pic 1
cruiserpics128xe.jpg

Pic 2
cruiserpics199av.jpg

Pic 3
cruiserpics224xg.jpg

So its on the road and its a hoot!

havn't had it off road yet, but thats coming ;) :D

ARE THOSE NEW YORK PLATES?!?

BTW, that color looks AMAZING. What is it? Straight up flat black?

Congrats on the conversion man! Is it going to be a DD? If it is, then is lucky enough to drive it?

no the plates are from TX.

FWIW that color is primer gray over the perfectly good oem blue :eek:

its going to get a paint job before its all said and done, not sure exactly when that will take place. its actually quite ugly in its current state. :frown:

It is going to be a DD, for the time being its going to be my dad, so he can work all the kinks out. not sure if my mom is going to get it or not.

Damn. Those texan plates look like new york plates. I know your name is 1Tall(Texan) but I was hopeful.

I would have never guessed on the color. Awesome man.

Looks good in the dark ;p . Can we have a picture of the completed engine bay with GOOD LIGHTING?

I'm surprised you didn't do a 3.5" or 4" single exhaust. That is one of the first upgrades people do to their diesel trucks.

LOL yeah I'll have to take some soon. the only time I see the thing is after dark...

Thats a 3" exhaust, its the same size from the output of the Turbo all the way to the tip. doubt a 3.5 or 4 would help anything.

Sweet ride, I am still planing my 6bt swap (and collecting parts). How is the exhaust routed? The pic's show it coming from the driverside but the exhaust/turbo are on the pass. side. Can you take a picture of the cross over or at least explain what you did? Thanks and great job

I'd like to see pics, from the bottom front, of the oil pan left and right side, so I can see how the motor sits relative to the front axle, etc.

thanks!
Steve

looks good How does it drive and handle? I'm not as far along as you are on your 6bt conversion I'm going with 727 trans dana 60's and 205 TC.A few questions for you did you remove one of your vacum modulators mine was hitting steer box when put in place,are you running A/C? If so what did you do.looks like from the picsthe stock dodge air box would not quite fit.Pics of your exhaust crossover would be helpful as well.Looks cool congrats

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom