craigslist Sherwood, Oregon FJ55 for sale on craigslist, this one looks really good (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 55 Series

No affliation, this one just went up in the last hour, looks like a really good price with patina project potential for sure...

Ad says:

1970 Toyota FJ55 Land cruiser 4wd land beast. It’s in fairy great shape and has a ton of upside. We were going to restore it but we have a few projects in front of it so we are testing the market. It is 100% factory original except for the ugly wheels and seat is newly re-upholstered. Everything works on it and it runs and drives amazing. We just installed new battery, starter, plugs, wires, cap, points, rotors, brakes all the way around, shocks, and done a complete fluid change with new air filter. This rig is mechanically super sound. The undercarriage and the body and in excellent shape with very minimal repair needed.

looks like a great deal for $9,500 asking price...

1600308997801.jpeg

I don’t know how these fj55’s price but looks like I was wrong on this one when I said it was a good deal
i will keep studying up!

New paint job for $1000? I don't even think Macco can match that and I fear how a $1000 paint job look given that a proper prep and paint system on just the hood could run $1000.

I'm not sure those wooden door panels are factory original

Someone buy this before they do those ‘improvements’.

this looks like a perfect candidate to get in good mechanical shape and maintain the patina or a base for a full (and proper) restoration

I was thinking it had potential for sure....just not sure on pricing

I don’t know the fj55 market so take this with a grain of salt but it’s one of the few ones I’ve seen that isn’t restored and doesn’t have massive rust holes. Assuming the drivetrain is complete I’d guess it isn’t too far off. If you could get it for 5k I think it’s be a deal.

I don’t know the fj55 market so take this with a grain of salt but it’s one of the few ones I’ve seen that isn’t restored and doesn’t have massive rust holes. Assuming the drivetrain is complete I’d guess it isn’t too far off. If you could get it for 5k I think it’s be a deal.
same here, I don't know FJ55's at all and to be honest I am still getting a handle on pricing for FJ40's also but as far as I can tell FJ55's are super rare in the US and this one looked like it had potential. I set up a whole bunch of Craigslist alerts for Toyota Land Cruiser nationwide; it's fun to watch these. Last week a 1982 FJ40 was posted in Utica, New York for 1,100 dollars! I contacted the seller immediately but it had already sold. It was definitely rusted out but the snow plow it came with alone was worth more than the ask price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom