Sherman... My '76 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Here's Sherman, my '73/ '76 FJ40. I bought it about 5 years ago after looking for one for about 2 years. It's been a blast restoring it. When I got it, I paid $1500 and spent the next 2 years getting it into running condition. The first night I saw it my dad and I were out at the dealership that had it, my dad working on the carb, myself pouring gas from a gas can into the carb, and the salesman cranking the engine... We managed to cloud up 2 city blocks with blue oil smoke (rings were shot). The reason I say 73/ 76 is that the PO had put a 73 body on a 76 chassis. For whatever reason the people at the DMV registered it as a 73, which meant 2F w/ no emissions crap. I'm still super happy about that, considering my smog pump was seized.... now there's just some holes where the bracket used to be for it. I've completely rebuilt the engine along with the front and rear axles, transmission, transfer case, put on a 4 in. Rough Country lift, Pro Comp 33in Xterrains, Lockright in the rear, and many more plans for the future. SO here it is.. I just wanted to brag on my baby.

attachment.php

Welcome!! That's a good looking truck. Do you have any pics of the restoration process?

Oh, and the ubiquitous MUD salute: :flipoff2:

As of right now I don't have but two pictures of it on my computer... so I'll have to wait till I can get some more... It was originally sort of carolina blue, hidden by various other colors POs had put on over the years.. The paint job you see there is my first with an actual air-gun... took a couple tries, but I eventually got the hang of it.

Last edited:
One of those colors wouldn't have been black would they?

http://www.villagephotos.com/member...sp?id_=11995523

I sold this one 10 years ago to a guy in Charlotte. Those rims sure look familiar.

Umm, well that link didn't work. So I don't really know. But yes, one of those colors was black. But those rims are new, so I don't know how likely it is that this is the one you're thinking of. Also, this thing was part of an estate or something like that, so it's possible, but doesn't seem too likely. I'll get a picture up this weekend of the before stage and you can see if it looks familiar.

Good gravy boy... I wish mine was that nice when I got it!!! hahaha... we wear pouring freaking gas straight down the carb of this thing the first night... it was in rough shape.. yours looks about 90% better off in those pics than mine did. definitely not the same rig.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom