Marshal - "Five Star” In Making (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Well, I do have a 40 to finish and an LV that has a few years of massive body work to do, but I am planning on making a 25 bib screen from scratch. I've found the same type of wire screen but slightly tighter diamonds. When I find the right stuff I'm sure I'll buy enough to make a dozen. When that happens I'll post up.

Gene, I remember long time back Phil @FJnotCJ had two FJ25 bib wire mesh / screen compared side by side and they were off different specs. Wire thickness and or diamond pattern was a bit different (Tighter) between them. You may already have one of the correct style screen. I couldn't trace that thread but Phil can confirm.

Good to know, and... that figures. :)

Good to know, and... that figures. :)

Here it is Gene, now I should just treat myself good for great memory. :cool:

Yep, screw terminal...I was high-grading parts and taking decorations off of the wall when I noticed a difference in grill meshes, one has about double the crinkles per inch than the other, anybody else notice this?

And yes, Archie, I'm thinking of you;)
View attachment 112917

And link to Phill's "Project Two Speed"

Last edited:
Sheriff' got "extra crinkles" inside the bib. :rofl: Took me 10 years to figure it out. Thanks "Land Cruiser Junky" effect.

IMG_1398.JPG
IMG_1399.JPG

Last edited:
"Holy Grail Pink Unicorn" - Vintage rotary switch used on Toyota military / commercial vehicles. This switch is very similar to the one used on WW2 vehicles in USA, however this one is made in Japan by "Tokairika Co Ltd. (T.R)" OEM Toyota.

I am thinking of using this to combine multiple accessory items such as Fog Lamps, Reverse / Backup Lamp, Darth Vader light, Trailer Switch etc. at one place and keep the clutter and drilling on dashboard at minimum.

IMG_1401.JPG
IMG_1402.JPG
IMG_1403.JPG

Last edited:
Working on rear license plate bracket and stumbled across a practical problem in regards to its stock location on FJ25. NZ licence plates are way wider then American plates and would interfere with tailgate. Only other suitable location I can think of is moving it on tailgate, just like later years.

Working on rear license plate bracket and stumbled across a practical problem in regards to its stock location on FJ25. NZ licence plates are way wider then American plates and would interfere with tailgate. Only other suitable location I can think of is moving it on tailgate, just like later years.

Some of the early literature shows the license plate bracket opposite what we have here in the US. I think my parts manual actually shows the light above the plate holder. I always wondered why it was like that. It must have been for other markets with plates like yours. Let me see if I can find it...

Thanks Jeff, I think tail lights were mounted on the tub with this type of bracket? Next problem will be to source those tail lights. :bang: Also as per NZ law for vintage vehicles, combination tail lights can not have just red lenses if they also operate as indicators. And if you insist then you must have at least one tail light operating separately to the combination lense. Which means addition of third tail light for the safety of vehicles following you.

Safety comes first - By law after 1954 seat belts are required in NZ on vintage cars. I would have done it anyways even if it wasn't a law. As per rule book only front two seats are required to have belts for my model year but I decided to do even rear seats. I was looking for correct vintage era belts in red but could only manage 4 NOS matching sets in silver gray.

IMG_1422.JPG
IMG_1423.JPG
IMG_1424.JPG
IMG_1425.JPG

the place i got my belts is no longer, but this one probably sells the same stuff
Red Seat Belts | SeatBeltsPlus.com

Yeah and also I was considering these guys, but really wanted seatbelts made around 50's or 60's. FJ25 didn't have them from factory so I guess "Non Jap Silver Gray" will be fine for now. They are exceptionally well made except I wasn't happy with round reinforcement plates so I ordered heavier black rectangle plates from UK.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom