Marshal - "Five Star” In Making (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

NOS - Out of Japan

IMG_1335.JPG

IMG_1330.JPG

Last edited:
Naugahyde - "Naugasoft" (Saddle Color) arrived from good ole America. Color choice is more of a personal preference over known stock red color. By no means I am claiming this to be a stock option but I have seen more "A Type" FJ25 upholstered in similar "Tan / Saddle" shades than oxblood red.

IMO, This material is the closest a vinyl fabric can ever get to real leather, amazing stuff.

IMG_1366.JPG
IMG_1369.JPG

Last edited:
Archie, I just read through this entire thread and it is amazing how close to my backyard this journey started. The surplus store in Burbank with the Jeep inside used to be called Mort's Surplus and is now the Supply Sergeant. Mark's Off Road (Cruisers only) is just a few short blocks away. I spent my first 30 years of life in this town and my dad took me to Mort's as a kid.

Did you ever find a correct FJ25 rear view mirror? I believe I have one in the garage. It's rough and the glass is shot, but I can fab a mirror overlay and basically make the whole thing look new again if you need it. Let me look and I'll post a pic to make sure it's the right one.

Here you go. Is this off a 25 guys?
IMG_20170702_110434932_HDR.jpg
IMG_20170702_110459523.jpg

Last edited:
Archie, I just read through this entire thread and it is amazing how close to my backyard this journey started. The surplus store in Burbank with the Jeep inside used to be called Mort's Surplus and is now the Supply Sergeant. Mark's Off Road (Cruisers only) is just a few short blocks away. I spent my first 30 years of life in this town and my dad took me to Mort's as a kid.

Did you ever find a correct FJ25 rear view mirror? I believe I have one in the garage. It's rough and the glass is shot, but I can fab a mirror overlay and basically make the whole thing look new again if you need it. Let me look and I'll post a pic to make sure it's the right one.

What an awesome coincidence, Mark's offroad was the first place I visited after buying my 25 and my first conversation with him was power steering conversion (well in my defence I was just a Newley married kid back then), I doubt Mark will even remember this. Morts was an awesome store. I just put my dibs on your mirror.

Absolutely FJ25 nostalgia. Can I put dibs on it (Just in case it is available)?

It's yours brother. I'll make it new again and include it with your hood emblem when it's done.

I first discovered Mark's Off Road in the early 90s and used to spend a lot of time over there. I started wheeling in the Saline Valley desert (my favorite place on the planet) in the 80s and Mark joined us on a few of our trips in the mid 90s. I believe he still goes out there today. I've never had a better mechanic work on my Cruisers.

When you remove your bib bars to remove the Paint, take the bib screen off as well and give it a wash. If the paint is flaking on it hit it with a wire brush and then hit it with some spray primer. Once it's dry give it a couple costs with something like this. With the emblem, bars, screen, light rings, and turn signal/running light rings all chrome, it'll really make your front end pop.
IMG_20170703_085536027_HDR.jpg
IMG_20170703_085325338.jpg

If you compare the two mirrors there side by side, Junky, is the new one entirely symmetrical while the old one has a slightly "longer side" and a "shorter side" on the circumference of the mirror bezel---a top side and a bottom side, so to speak?

If you compare the two mirrors there side by side, Junky, is the new one entirely symmetrical while the old one has a slightly "longer side" and a "shorter side" on the circumference of the mirror bezel---a top side and a bottom side, so to speak?

I'm sorry Old Red, I was just messing with Archie... It's the same mirror. I sanded it down yesterday, and primed, painted and cut the new mirror today. The mirror housing looks symmetrical on this one.

It feels like waking up to a dream :bounce::bounce::bounce2::bounce2:. Unfortunately I was asleep when you posted this and you disclosed too early to "Old_Red". There is no way I can figure out its a same mirror that you posted yesterday. Gene you are a true craftsman I will be better off shipping my entire project to you.

Now with that mirror on my windshield I will feel guilty of driving sheriff as is, now he will have to go to paint booth rather sooner then later.

Last edited:
Ha, ha. Well played!

What well played? He woke me up completely with out any caffeine this morning. Till yesterday I was still dreaming of finding a correct mirror one day and then with in 24 hrs Gene produced the best one I have ever seen. Totally stoked here. :rofl::bounce::bounce2::bounce::bounce2:

Last edited:
When you remove your bib bars to remove the Paint, take the bib screen off as well and give it a wash. If the paint is flaking on it hit it with a wire brush and then hit it with some spray primer. Once it's dry give it a couple costs with something like this. With the emblem, bars, screen, light rings, and turn signal/running light rings all chrome, it'll really make your front end pop.View attachment 1489708 View attachment 1489709

Gene, luckily bib screen on mine has no rust problem, however it is twisted in places and some of its wires are cut / damaged. You have motivated me now to pull it out soon.

Well, I do have a 40 to finish and an LV that has a few years of massive body work to do, but I am planning on making a 25 bib screen from scratch. I've found the same type of wire screen but slightly tighter diamonds. When I find the right stuff I'm sure I'll buy enough to make a dozen. When that happens I'll post up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom