Shelter in place car wash... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Man, with my car wash shutting down ive upped my game on washing my own vehicles. Ive been utilizing a foam cannon on my power washer. Been using turtle wax car wash that I cut at 75% with water.

What im finding is my car is shedding dirt and grime much better. Car stays clean AF. Drying with a shammy, and it looks brand spanking new.

Foam cannon in action.

25CA3506-291A-4D9D-9F11-02D5DF101EB1.jpeg

89906E4C-95CB-4074-91B3-5C1BF9F69494.jpeg

61E2FA1C-4443-4790-9458-11EE74418159.jpeg

Looks good! Quarantined car wash has become a zen moment just about. Make sure to use the 2-bucket method.

I don’t even use a bucket w the foam cannon. With good car soap the truck sheds most of the water on its own. I need a good electric handheld blower to dry it.

Very well. Can do without hose, or with. Which makes it very flexible, effective and convenient. Larry’s OCD and attention to detail are legendary. Products are well designed and formulated with safety of the detailer in mind.

The 4runner got a bit of a wash before being put away inside for most of the summer.

Car washes are nice but every once in a while a vehicle needs a good rub down to get the corners of the glass and other areas a machine can’t get. Even the full service hand washes around here don’t cut it. How picky is a guy going to get after washing 80 cars in a morning?
3DCEC008-FB27-4659-982E-12FCDFD5B039.png

Foam cannon in action.

Is that as thick as your cannon gets or it's been sitting a while in that pic?

My MTM sticks like shaving cream.

D9AF90CF-1978-44D3-99D2-1B7DBC958154.png

I really cut my car wash solution. 75% water, 25% soap. that soap im using is cheap... 7 bucks a gallon. Maybe ill try a wash with just soap.

I've given up trying to keep my black LX clean. Recently got a monthly membership ($40) at a local carwash that grants you a car wash every day. It's not touch less, so it does leave microscopic scratches in the clear coat, but it's better than driving a constantly filthy LX. Plus, between my pin stripes and rock chips, those scratches don't detract much.

what brand of foam cannon do you use?

I usually give mine a high pressure spray down at the local diy after every trip and then a professional detail once a year. I have a few pretty good pinstripes and I am debating about when, or how frequently, I should have them buffed out.

Does anybody have any idea how think the topcoat is on the LC/LX? How many buffs before my topcoat is gone?

I have 1997 T100 4x4 I got it professionally cleaned and buffed once a year for about 18 years. Arizona off road pin stripping and the once a year buff removed the clear coat at 18 year mark. I just got it repainted this year looking forward to another 18 years. I assume LC paint is as good or better than what my 1997 T100 came with so that may answer your buffing question.

I used to be a big car detail guy. I spent about 20 hours doing a paint correction on my 150k mile 13 LX which has probably never been waxed.

Before - Washed and D/A clay barred (the swirl marks are exasperated by the D/A clay bar, but they were bad):

IMG_20200329_154529.jpg

After - polished, glazed, and paint sealant:

IMG_20200414_134534.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom