Shell Rotella Gas Truck Oil (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Looks like Shell has a new addition to their Rotella line up called Gas Truck. It's intended for use as it's name says in gas engines. It's available in 0w-20, 5w-20 and 5w-30. I know a lot of us have been running Rotella T6 in our rigs and I thought I'd pass this along this new oil we can add to the endless discussions of which is best. Looks like it was just released last month.

Are we finding engine deficiencies and malfunctions with the oils that we are using today? If anything, I’d stay far away from a brand new untested formula.

Are we finding engine deficiencies and malfunctions with the oils that we are using today? If anything, I’d stay far away from a brand new untested formula.

Not bad a bad thought. Honestly though, I think we tend to overthink things in search of the "best". As long as we pick some thing that meets Toyota's standards we'll be good to go. JMO, of course.

These 4.7's are crazy easy on oil. Any dino oil should be good for the normal 5k oil change (I think i've seen 10k dino oil analysis on BITOG still being serviceable) or any synthetic should be good until 10k. People here doing more than 10k are probably using specific long drain oils and long interval oil filters. M1 oil is super cheap if you buy it during rebate season, about 11 dollars for a 5 quart jug.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom