Sheet Metal Identification Help Please (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

macdaddy59

SILVER Star
Threads
My 1976 FJ40 came in boxes and I have figured out where most everything goes. However I have 2 pieces of sheet metal that I can not figure out. I am not sure even if they belong to the FJ40. If anyone recognizes these 2 pieces and know what they are for I would be extremely grateful.

IMG_3634 (1).JPG

IMG_3635 (2).JPG

IMG_3637.JPG

Is the second picture the rear step? (Under my hitch thingy)

DD5ECD2D-4D04-4328-A0EE-AFB367D9F851.png

Yup...one is definitely the "floor" of the center console (center below).

EDIT: Not sure on the second offhand....something for the heater box? Mounts look kinda like that, but my '76 is all one piece with the front louvers, etc...not sure if the older models are different?

PXL_20201220_190336299.MP.jpg

Yep just checked it out and you are correct. Thank you 73fj40 and zerotreedelta that helps immensly. Now I just need to figure out the last one

Checked the basement stash, which is literally everything off of my '76 other than body panels... don't see any such item. Either it's a option mine didn't have, or it's something someone added methinks.

Does yours have the rear heater? It kind of looks like the bolt spacing for the rear heater, but not sure what it would do back there... extremely random guess.

Yes i hav4 the rear heater. That was my thought as well but I have never seen a picture of a heater with that type of cover. I will have to get my rear heater and see if it fits some how .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom