sheered front right tire off..need suggestions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Figured I would get some flaming but Im good with that! Lol, much appreciated, the new caliper I got was from Napa, I think it was a real good quality for a good price. After it happened I was THANKFUL the wheel didn't fly off on the hwy!!

Dammmnnnnnnnn... I am impressed. Atleast you get to learn how to rebuild a axle. Id go head to toe.

On vehicle repairs and diagnosis, inexperience can get u killed. That had to be making a terrible noise for quite some time.

Yes....But this is HOW you gain experience......You experience it!

I've seen a lot, I have never seen a rotor split in half like that! And what are the odd of the tire stays upright and props the truck up like that. Impressive. Expensive, but impressive!

I never seen the inside of a knuckle rusted. Or spindle. Or wheel bearing. Damn son.

As @Tools R Us said, mix in some grease now and then.

But with someone experienced checking your work verifying the proper repair.
Sometimes a bad experience or trajedy is not only the best teacher, but the only way one will learn. Some unsuspecting overconfident owner may browse through this thread and question their maintenance. I'm still trying to comprehend the forces involved in that rotor assy & spindle ripped in half. There had to be some heat & noise involved and maybe the reason there wasn't a fire was the apparent lack of grease or lube. And OP's comment: "I cut the brake line crimped it off and decided to limp it home about 5 miles, the entire time it still felt like the caliper was froze,..." is quite disturbing. At least nobody was physically hurt.

New parts you need:
spindle
wheel bearings ... Get the Cruiser Outfitters axle kit that includes them.
hub
brake rotors ... Depending on the condition of the other, at least one.
birfield
front axle rebuild kit from @cruiseroutfit
Maybe new catalytic converters and exhaust downpipe now (since the truck is sitting on it) ... Maybe, but mine have set on rock many times, they much harder than a tire!

Most likely the driveplate is shot and will need a spindle/wheel bearing nut/washer kit. Depending on how hard and long the rotor was rubbing on it, likely the caliper is shot. Disassembly is needed to be sure of a full list. Cruiser Outfitters is likely one stop shopping for this job?

I never seen the inside of a knuckle rusted. Or spindle. Or wheel bearing. Damn son.

As @Tools R Us said, mix in some grease now and then.

Certain metal parts can develop surface rust literally overnight...so if these pics were taken days later that might explain some of it. 'Maybe'

But...yes, that inner wheel bearing was drier than the bottom of a Camel's foot.

@Bigwilly80s96 are you going to do you own work, or are you going to pay someone to do the work for you?

This can drastically affect the future outcomes.

It also lets us know how thick your skin really is........ 'Cause you KNOW you get to be an example now.

Dude; C'mere!!!! Holy chit! Did you see how bad this is? Damn!

Go get Larry! He's gotta see this!

Man, that sucks!

Oh....and WELCOME TO THE FORUM!!!!!! :flipoff2::flipoff2::flipoff2::rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom