Sheepskin Seat Covers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Interested in purchasing a set of sheepskin seat covers for my FJ80, any recommendations?
Thanks,

that is not a link to seat covers... :D
Interested in purchasing a set of sheepskin seat covers for my FJ80, any recommendations?
Thanks,

http://www.rmsheepskin.com/

Excellent quality. Absolutely love them. Cost is high.

Bought Med, Tailor Made, Low Back, Mushroom + headrest for power seats. Was able to specify for LX450. Took about 2 weeks to arrive after ordered. Fitting driver seat with sheepskins =:banana:. Fitting passenger seat = :banana::banana: The heater box under the passenger seat made it very difficult to secure straps.

Total investment $776.95. and an hour of my time.

How much do i like them and was it worth the money? Absolutely!!!

Just don't get them wet - if they do - make sure they air in the vehicle.

I've heard positive reviews of the sheepskin covers from Costco. I can't verify fit in an 80, but they seemed pretty universal when we put them in a Volvo. They weren't too pricey, either.

I've heard positive reviews of the sheepskin covers from Costco. I can't verify fit in an 80, but they seemed pretty universal when we put them in a Volvo. They weren't too pricey, either.
I look for them every time I go but have only seen them once. This was before I found out the good reviews on them.

I actually have a set on my FZJ80. They are plain ol' sheep color.... so yellow/tan. I won't be using them, so you are welcome to shoot me a message if you're interested.

@voorland80 posted some pictures somewhere on this forum of some all-the-way-around seat covers he picked up at Costco which I really liked. Couldn't see that Costco still carried the same ones but he shared this info from the packaging which allowed me to find the exact same covers on Amazon:

Item# is 585977, the Model# is 1-SAB-A, and the BarCode is 96481 91459

I'm not sure if you are still looking. I bought these and have been happy with them. Not as cheap as Costco, but they fit well and come in more colors. The grey looks good in my cab.

http://www.sheepskinoforegon.com/

Just out of curiousity, why would one opt for these over something like the Metric TLC leather replacement covers? I am looking to redo the seats at some point and would like to see what the pros/cons are. The costs are similar. TLC is $700.

@voorland80 posted some pictures somewhere on this forum of some all-the-way-around seat covers he picked up at Costco which I really liked. Couldn't see that Costco still carried the same ones but he shared this info from the packaging which allowed me to find the exact same covers on Amazon:

Item# is 585977, the Model# is 1-SAB-A, and the BarCode is 96481 91459
Link? Can't find em.

Edit: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005MKQKXY/?tag=ihco-20

Just out of curiousity, why would one opt for these over something like the Metric TLC leather replacement covers? I am looking to redo the seats at some point and would like to see what the pros/cons are. The costs are similar. TLC is $700.
Sometimes the seat cover serves different purposes.

I would buy the Metric TLC covers if I were planning to completely reupholster a seat, and I liked using leather as a seating surface.

I would buy the Oregon Sheepskin Seat Covers if I wanted something that insulated in the winter against the cold seat, and in the summer against getting fried when sitting on the seat (Especially if I were wearing shorts!).

If you have never had sheepskin seat covers (I mean REAL ones.. not the fake acrylic ones), then you have missed out on a pretty cool seating surface!

I know some people make fun of them, calling them 'old man' or 'old school', but their practical benefits cannot be denied. Now fanny packs are another topic... :)

Muddy1

I just looked at the Costco items... They are pretty nice for the price given that they cost $60 bucks or so, but I will also say that the sheepskin is REALLY thin, and the wool is really short. The acrylic fleece on the sides doesn't match well at all! All that being said, if you can only afford $60, then that's a screaming deal.

Muddy1

I totally agree with Muddy1. I am considering MetricTLC's leather to restore the tired leather in my seats. Even after I restore my seats, I plan to continue to use the sheepskins for the reasons Muddy1 listed. Leather is great but a good sheepskin is where it's at for Goldilocks temperature on my rear and back -- just right.

The Costco covers are nice, and if you don't like them a few months down the road, just return them. I was going to buy a set but found out they are actually $60 per seat, so $120 for the matching front pair. For that, I'll just sit on the crapped out leather for now. :doh:

If memory serves me those are the identical covers Costco has in their stores for $60 per seat. Could be wrong but if you have a Costco local it might be worth your time to go check it out.
I checked my local Costco. Nothing. These are also different. Made by same company, but uses a thicker single pelt instead of thinner squares and has more coverage. The amazon one seems to be much higher quality.

Sometimes the seat cover serves different purposes.

I would buy the Metric TLC covers if I were planning to completely reupholster a seat, and I liked using leather as a seating surface.

I would buy the Oregon Sheepskin Seat Covers if I wanted something that insulated in the winter against the cold seat, and in the summer against getting fried when sitting on the seat (Especially if I were wearing shorts!).

If you have never had sheepskin seat covers (I mean REAL ones.. not the fake acrylic ones), then you have missed out on a pretty cool seating surface!

I know some people make fun of them, calling them 'old man' or 'old school', but their practical benefits cannot be denied. Now fanny packs are another topic... :)

Muddy1
+1 for Muddy1
I bought Costco sheepskin covers 20 years ago, and they've been on every truck I've had since. (The same 20 year old set, will be going on my "new" cruiser.) Excellent in winter and summer. Not so awesome if they get wet. Another downside to consider, is closing the windows if you wheel past thorny brush. I went wheeling last Labor Day, on some trails that had started to grow closed (but were still numbered fire roads). I didn't have the windows closed the whole time. When I stepped out of my truck, there were plenty of thorns in my lap and seat. With the factory leather, I just brushed them out. They would have stuck in the plush covers.

My post isn't really about the quality of the Costco seat covers. I paid $99 each, 20 years ago. They could be different quality than what Costco is selling now. Some things change in 20 years.

Craigslist is your friend. I found a gentleman close to me that sold me his sheepskins for $100. They were tailor-made for his Mercedes SUV and cost him one thousand dollars. He used them for about a year and a half.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom