shaver lake/ bald mountain snow run march 6th (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am looking to get a group of central cal mud members together to go play in the snow. A little back story on me i have been on deployment on the USS Nimitz for 11 months with no port visits do to covid, so its been a long one!!! while iv been gone i got a lot of work done on my 80 and i am looking to take her out on the 6th to play in the snow. I am dying to get out of this ground hogs day and get back to 4 wheeling. there should be some good snow still.

Hope to meet some of you
MIKE

some good times up there.. Strawberry Lake/West Lake were great places too. I don't live there anymore so can't tag along

no i have taken my 91 4 runner up with 20 inch A/Ts . the snow depends on if it snows how many people have been up before us. I have done it where it was pretty packed down to we where breaking trail. i have 37s and gear for recovery you should be good.

My sons and I were up at Bald right before the last big storm (actually the day it hit), the trail head was too iced over. They were requiring all 4WDs to have chains. They got over 5' of snow in the town of Shaver. So @squheim72 , you will need chains as per local law.
2 things I can think of that will help you, in the Clubhouse section, check with Central Valley Crawlers, and check out the web cams in Shaver Lake.

On a side note, as the storm hit and people were up at the snow parks with their kids, it turned into a real sh1t show. Lost count of 1st responders and accidents.
It took us 3+ hours to drive from Tamarack snow park to Prather.

Yea we did
90E20DBA-8C8B-4C23-84DA-14C212EF73A0.jpeg
DDB556F8-0494-4460-A7A3-692A2236B4BC.jpeg
05A7810B-2D08-482C-9F8B-4EF129B37DD0.jpeg
D0073E83-C2DC-4CAE-BF7C-6FC86255D18F.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom