Sharing Some Pics - SC, Aux Fan, Drawer System (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Well, I've been a lurker on this great forum for a while since we got the LX, and since somebody recently inquired about my aux fan install in another thread I thought it would be a good time to share some pics of our rig, a '96 LX450, factory locked and now sporting a TRD supercharger :cheers:.

Since buying the truck in stock form I've added an OME 850/860 lift with 255/85-16 BFG KM2's on 1.25" spacers, the Slee Shortbus front bumper (many thanks to Mudrak here in Northern CA for the install on those), a semi-homemade budget rear drawer system/sleeping platform, and most recently the TRD SC along with a 14-inch aux pusher fan in front of the AC condenser. Also thanks to this forum and CDan I've done a bunch of PM on the rig to get it ready for extended trips to the boonies, like a recent trip through the Mojave Road and Joshua Tree. Pretty much all rubber parts in the engine compartment were replaced along with ignition pieces, starter contacts, fan clutch with 10,000 cst oil, full engine wiring harness (was seriously cracked/melted together up by the EGR valve)...and that's about all that I can think of now.

Anyhow, my wife and I both love driving this truck for weekend adventures, camping trips, snowboarding trips, mountain biking, etc.. In fact, since adding the lift and Shortbus, she wants to drive the LX everywhere!

Let me know what you guys think!
Mojave Camp 1.jpg
Lex Far Mojave.jpg
LX Left Rain.jpg

Man thats a great looking rig. The color is the only thing I would change about mine and that white looks GREAT. How are those KM2's working for you?

Sweet looking LX-450, very clean....... and welcome!!

Thanks for the compliments! So far the KM2's are great. These are my first MT's, but they seem to ride very smooth and quiet on the highway, and did well in some pretty deep sand out in the Mojave when aired down to ~28 psi

Thanks for the pics. That's a nice looking LX.

So did your just make two cuts in that support and bend a section back to make it clear?

I'm new to electrical work other than stereos, would you mind giving me a quick explanation of that relay system you showed in the pics?

Thanks!

I like your set up - looks like you are ready for for your trip.

:beer:

sweet looking rig the best color too:cool:
wheeling004.jpg

Great looking rig! I envy those from the southern States that don't have to deal with rust:crybaby:. It looks as though you could eat off that engine:eek:! I'd have to say though that dark green is the best colour;).
IMG_5901.JPG

I am really considering the 255/85-16 BFG KM2's tires. Now that you have had them for several months are you happy you went with this size , and this tire?

azaussie I am really considering the 255/85-16 BFG KM2's tires. Now that you have had them for several months are you happy you went with this size , and this tire?

So far I'm very happy with the KM2's, although they have sustained a few cuts and chunks from sharp-edged rocks. I'm fairly sure any tire would be vulnerable to those things when aired down. I think the size is perfect for the 2-3" of lift I'm currently running, although I do use spacers to push the tires out a bit. Without flares I think the spacers would be unnecessary.

mkguyvr where did you get the super charger/model ?

It's the TRD supercharger kit, a few of which I think are available again through cdan? I found one of the last ones from the previous batch at trdsparks.com. Hope that helps.

So far I'm very happy with the KM2's, although they have sustained a few cuts and chunks from sharp-edged rocks. I'm fairly sure any tire would be vulnerable to those things when aired down. I think the size is perfect for the 2-3" of lift I'm currently running...

Yeah, I suspect your right - if ya play in the rocks some cuts or chunking is to be expected. Thanks for the update. :cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom