Share a pic just for the hell of it!!! (1 Viewer)

leonard_nemoy

SILVER Star
Springbar
Good man, I have been camping out of springbars my entire life. They are awesome tents. I don't know why anyone would want to camp in a roof top tent when they could be camping in a springbar...... I really like being able to stand up to get dressed lol.

Man. I just bought one of those Chinese Kodiak's. Are they no good? I was looking for a cold weather family tent. Haven't gotten it yet. Probably stuck in a shipping container somewhere in the ocean. Lol.

All I know is they are basically copies of springbar tents. I think I read once that the canvas on the kodiak tents is a little thinner than a springbar. Also, springbar tents have an integral rope sewn all the way around the base of the tent and the stake loops are attached to the rope. I have read that the kodiak tents are not built that way. This is really nice because it keeps the stake loops from tearing the tent in really bad wind and it allows one to remove the stakes by grabbing the tent and pulling up, again without tearing the tent.

But I wouldn't worry about the kodiak tent. If they are 1/2 as strong as a springbar you won't have any problems as long as you avoid hurricane strength winds and don't abuse the stake loops.

Because everybody likes pictures...

20181130_132106.jpg

20181202_070025.jpg

20181225_174805.jpg

20191011_192806.jpg

Bludozer

SILVER Star
Man. I just bought one of those Chinese Kodiak's. Are they no good? I was looking for a cold weather family tent. Haven't gotten it yet. Probably stuck in a shipping container somewhere in the ocean. Lol.
They're really not that different thank springbar and are like half the price. Slight notch down in quality but not by much.

Good man, I have been camping out of springbars my entire life. They are awesome tents. I don't know why anyone would want to camp in a roof top tent when they could be camping in a springbar...... I really like being able to stand up to get dressed lol.

All I know is they are basically copies of springbar tents. I think I read once that the canvas on the kodiak tents is a little thinner than a springbar. Also, springbar tents have an integral rope sewn all the way around the base of the tent and the stake loops are attached to the rope. I have read that the kodiak tents are not built that way. This is really nice because it keeps the stake loops from tearing the tent in really bad wind and it allows one to remove the stakes by grabbing the tent and pulling up, again without tearing the tent.

But I wouldn't worry about the kodiak tent. If they are 1/2 as strong as a springbar you won't have any problems as long as you avoid hurricane strength winds and don't abuse the stake loops.

Because everybody likes pictures...

View attachment 2648145

View attachment 2648146

View attachment 2648149

View attachment 2648141
Well, set up/take down time would be one reason. I do like the springbar but the convenience of an RTT is hard to ignore.

They're really not that different thank springbar and are like half the price. Slight notch down in quality but not by much.

Well, set up/take down time would be one reason. I do like the springbar but the convenience of an RTT is hard to ignore.

watch the animation of how to set up a Springbar Tent...They have a Step 6, just like ours! LOL!

jfz80

Cruisin’
Lots of wheel spin or bouncing or what exactly? Got video?

No video. Or wheel spin/bounce really. Was slow and controlled
There’s another ledge in front of right rear similar to The one below that spot. It kept pushing me left into that group of rocks below spotter.

I suspect a brief rollback at the crest of one of those ledges thinking it wasn’t going to make the climb followed by spotter saying you got it so reapplication of throttle as it was coming down that vertical face of step. Not really sure just know it wouldn’t unlock immediately after this climb. Perhaps it was already started the week before at GSMTR and this just Finished it off?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom