Shakle angle help! (1 Viewer)

Newby here with a 75 fj40 and I noticed that my landcruiser had a leen to it today. took a look and saw my front shakle angles are different. passenger side is almost 90 degrees and drivers side looks about rite. Any input would be appreciated, thanks.

Is this a new thing? Here's a few questions for ya to check.....How do your bushings look? Any way to grease your shackles? Did you measure the distance of your hangers? Are they actually different? Are your shackle lengths the same? Do your spring leaf packs have the same amount of springs? Do your leaves have the same arch? Is one bent?

Yes it is a new thing, bushings look fine, not greasable shackles, eye to eye is 1/2 inch different.

Does it look like the spring or shackle hanger was moved and welded? They are riveted from the factory IIRC

Yes it is a new thing, bushings look fine, not greasable shackles, eye to eye is 1/2 inch different.
eye to eye of the spring is different? If so, it looks like one of your packs has softened losing it's arch. It's fixed by getting different leafs or getting them rearched.

looks like original rivets as far as I can tell, any idea what kind of shop would be able to re-arch the spring? also just wondering what stock shackle length is, mine are 4.25 eye to eye. Thanks for your help.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom