Shaking/vibrating help needed. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone in Southern California who can help diagnose a shaking issue? My 03 has aftermarket suspension, arms, shocks, torsion bars, sway bar links etc are all aftermarket. I suspected U joints or the adjustable rear arms, and maybe it still is the issue, but my mechanic had no luck. The truck will vibrate hard as if I’m driving over a corrugated road, and the moment I take my foot off the gas it stops. It almost has the feeling like I’m in the wrong gear. I’m no mechanic, but if anyone is willing to help diagnose the issue I’d greatly appreciate it. I can meet anywhere and pay for your time. My tires are worn unevenly and could benefit from being replaced. Could it be as simple as the tires? Any advice?

I am not local so can't help. However on the tire question it doesn't sound like that would be the culprit. If it only happens when you are on the gas tires wouldn't make sense

you said your mechanic had no luck? What did he try? Just the u joints?
There are a ton of possibilities but if you put a lift on it recently and then it started happening I would suspect something with that install or maybe drive shaft needs to be rebalanced.

I am not local so can't help. However on the tire question it doesn't sound like that would be the culprit. If it only happens when you are on the gas tires wouldn't make sense

you said your mechanic had no luck? What did he try? Just the u joints?
There are a ton of possibilities but if you put a lift on it recently and then it started happening I would suspect something with that install or maybe drive shaft needs to be rebalanced.
The rear control arms went on recently, both the rear uppers and lowers. The first shop messed up the uppers and had them in at different lengths, but the second shop straighten it out and added the lower rear control arms. They said the u joints and pinion angle are now good. The vibration is still there. Its not as strong as before when only the mis aligned upper rear arms were on it.

When you remove the foot of the accelartor and the car stops that indicates one of your brake caliper is seized. Check the temprature of all wheels after driving your car. The wheel that is hot has seized caliper. If you are using wheel spacers, those call also cause vibration.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom