Shaking Shift Lever????: H55F 5-speed (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Here's a new and progressive problem that has developed over the course of the past year: the shift lever has developed a very bad case of the shakes when in third gear only. It vibrates severely and visibly shakes while accelerating in third but not in any other gear (well maybe just a touch, but not anything I would deem outside of the norm).

What gives? Bad syncro? Something bigger going on inside my tranny that I should be concerned about? :confused:

-dogboy- '87 FJ60

I'd check the tightness of all the mouting bolts and verify that the lower tranny mount rubber hasn't cracked through.

Cruisergreg,
good call on the tranny mount - have already visually checked it out but suppose it's worth another good shake...

-db-

update? just curious

Dogboy2,

I have the exact same thing happening...didn't think much of it 'til your post. Any revelations or resolutions?

CardinalFJ60

Hi,

Mine does the same thing, but when I decelerate in third gear. Seems like it is something inside the tranny. I, too, have the H55f.

I'd be interested in finding out what it could be.

Peace,
Jason

CardinalFJ60,

No revelations yet, still seeking knowledge.....glad to hear that I'm not the only one having this issue with the H55F.

Will post up when and if I discover anything useful....

-dogboy- '87 FJ60

I'll ask around as well...

Thanks, Man...

I belong to Rising Sun 4x4 club (Denver) and Robbie, who is a mechanic at Slee is also a member. I'll ask him when I get a chance, too...

stay tuned...

CardinalFJ60

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom