Shakey steering wheel? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Austin, TX until 8/04 then Chicago, IL until 6/11
Just got an FJ60 and I'm supper happy with this silver beauty. But, THe steering wheel starts to turn back and forth 1 cm in each direction as I drive. THe vibrating doesn't start until about twenty/thrity miles an hour. The cruiser has a four inch lift, OME steering stabilizer and shocks, a torsion bar and 33" BFGs. Is there something I need to adjust or something else I should no about. OR is just something old cruisers do? Please help me out. THanks and i'll throw some pic up soon. Have a good one and thanks.

Patrick

It should be smooth on the road... my first guess would be a bad or lose steering stabilizer.

If that doesn't do it try a tire rotation and front end alignment.

small vibrations thru the wheel can be a variety of things. Check every bolt in the front suspension and steering...u-bolts, shackles, spring pins, tie rods, etc.

When was the last time you had the front tires balanced? That would be the first thing I'd check...rotate at the same time, especially if you note a front tire with a bit of cupping at the outer tread. Alignment is the 2nd step, especially if you know it hasn't been done in a while.

Vibrations thru the seat of your pants are usually drivetrain related, most often a u-joint. Thru your hands are tires/steering.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom