Shakedown Run- H55 5spd, 40gal Brown Davis tank, and more (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just got my 60 back and did quite a few changes. I took it to the shop after limping back from Cruiser Crawl in Hot Springs, AR. The diagnosis was rust in the gas tank and a leaking rear main seal.

That put us on the path towards a new H55 5spd, address the rear main seal, and install a new Brown Davis 40gal tank.

Other items addressed were: Man-a-Fre pulley to replace the smog pump, new belts, new oil pan (OEM showed significant damage once it was on the lift), new DUI distributor, wires and plugs, added Baja Designs rock lights and roof mounted flood lights, new SCS Stealth wheels and Toyo Open Country R/T (33”), Alu-Cab fridge tilt slide, Dometic 50qt fridge/freezer, Wits End slinky power cord, Dometic PLB40 battery hidden under the wing of my drawer system, SolarScreens from Australia (actually one of my favorite additions), new Corbeu touring seats, and an sPod controller to clean up the wiring.

Rode the GA traverse over two days with @booradley & @Bama4door . The 60 ran absolutely flawlessly! The new H55 is a game changer on the highway and on the trail (1st gear is crazy low).

Glad to have her back in service!

8AFD3111-6E9D-4715-85DD-FE72D91012D6.jpeg

84AF8AA4-95D9-4E2C-98AE-2C52DA08F2D5.jpeg

Last edited:
Are the seats comfy enough to ride out a whole tank of fuel? Usually the bladder gives our first.

Are the seats comfy enough to ride out a whole tank of fuel? Usually the bladder gives our first.

Definitely! We put in some long days to cover a lot of ground. They were shockingly comfortable. I’m 6’5, so the OEM seats were killing my back on longer rides.

What Warn is that tucked away neatly?...and is that TT’s front bumper?

It’s a Warn Zeon Platinum 10-S. The front and rear bumpers, and sliders are from @TRAIL TAILOR . My original design of the bumper didn’t include a winch or mount. After getting stuck several times, I decided the winch needed to be added after the fact.

Jason was kind enough to also fabricate the winch mounting plate and my local shop in Birmingham cut the bumper to flush mount behind the Baja Design LP9’s. We also installed the Warn control relocation kit (Part #92193) to give extra clearance behind the lights.

I really can’t give Jason enough credit for this component of the build. His quality of work is remarkably impressive.

tell me about the that slide for your fridge/cooler....I need one like that.

Alu-Cab Tilting Fridge Slide

There are a multitude of different options for fridge slides. This one fit the bill for me; simple design and locks into place for driving.

Southern Offroad in Pelham, AL is the Alu-Cab dealer I ordered it from. Southern Offroad also completed the lion share of the work pictured. They put a lot of attention into the details... like hiding my winch behind the LP9’s.

It’s a Warn Zeon Platinum 10-S. The front and rear bumpers, and sliders are from @TRAIL TAILOR . My original design of the bumper didn’t include a winch or mount. After getting stuck several times, I decided the winch needed to be added after the fact.

Jason was kind enough to also fabricate the winch mounting plate and my local shop in Birmingham cut the bumper to flush mount behind the Baja Design LP9’s. We also installed the Warn control relocation kit (Part #92193) to give extra clearance behind the lights.

I really can’t give Jason enough credit for this component of the build. His quality of work is remarkably impressive.

Nice. Figured it had to be his bumper with those recessed shackle points, looks good. Was looking at a 10-S recently on the shelf, that is big wide chunk!
Nice mods.

Nice. Figured it had to be his bumper with those recessed shackle points, looks good. Was looking at a 10-S recently on the shelf, that is big wide chunk!
Nice mods.

I really liked the remote clutch feature on the 10-S Platinum. It’s the reason we were able to conceal it behind the lights. The whole winch system is controlled by the wireless remote. You can actually wire up two accessories to be controlled by the remote as well. I found some pictures of the winch install and attached them here.
FFC8EEDF-DBF3-4684-9DB0-CB8A38B0642C.jpeg

3CAA7687-EC1B-4B4E-8629-6D38209DB1AA.jpeg

8CD73349-25BB-4394-8E59-ABDAB56FC70D.jpeg

I wanna see the Brown Davis tank. I'm going to start making a full replacement soon.

J

I need to go back and have everything re-torqued and checked. I’ve already put over 500 miles on the build.

When we get it back on the rack, I will get some good shots of the Brown Davis tank for you.

I really liked the remote clutch feature on the 10-S Platinum. It’s the reason we were able to conceal it behind the lights. The whole winch system is controlled by the wireless remote. You can actually wire up two accessories to be controlled by the remote as well. I found some pictures of the winch install and attached them here.View attachment 2349204

View attachment 2349206
View attachment 2349207
That is a very clean and tight winch install. Good engineering!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom