Builds shadowz MY14 GX460 build thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Even though late I thought I would share my journey through my build even though my truck is still very OEM + still.

Background I previously came from a 5th gen 4runner and a couple FJ Cruisers

IMG_1383.jpg

Since my wife has a modded GX470 I knew I wanted a V8 and so last September I went and purchased a new to me 2014 GX460

1E8BF4D7-7B98-4B2B-803C-68793BFAE531-21805-000009D7CD5FA40C.JPG

The day after picking it up I took it to my friends shop and installed OME Nitrocharger setup running 285/70/18 Nitto Ridge Grappler, then I had moved to a 305/65/18 KO2. Along with this did a BMC, installed demello sliders as well

IMG_7777.jpg

IMG_7782.JPG

IMG_4804.jpg

Last edited:
Took it out a few times and found the OEM bumper really did hang too low even with a lift

IMG_4450.jpg

Ended up chopping our bumpers for higher clearance as well upgraded to King 2.5 extended travel with Icon UCA

Screen Shot 2020-06-12 at 9.23.58 AM.png

IMG_6845.jpg
IMG_6846.jpg

At the same time during the suspension swap I took a grinder and started on some preventative maintenance, we live in an area which uses salt on the roads in winter. After grinding I applied rust convertor, anti-rust paint and then Corroseal on top

IMG_4630.JPG

Rear axel untreated side
IMG_7737.JPG

Rust converted side to see how significant of a difference

IMG_7736.JPG

IMG_3060.JPG

IMG_7746.JPG

Those are MASSIVE looking tires!
Are you getting any rubbing in lock-to-lock or full compression/extension at lock?

Zero issues, all and any rub was addressed as soon as the tires were installed
I'm sure you did the body mount trim, but how much of the inner wheel well did you need to trim?

Wooo-Whooo, a couple of dirty pictures!!
Haven't seen any in a while!

Got my package from Kyle at Treaty Oak Offroad, great seller as well great communication, do not hesitate to deal with him. Lean has been corrected the truck is now finally dead even side to side, and now have full extension on the passenger side

IMG_8475.JPG

IMG_8479.JPG

IMG_8480.JPG

IMG_8481.JPG

IMG_8470.jpg

How was the install on the kdss spacer kit? i got mine in too, haven't been able to put them on because i do not know how to install them.

digging the build OP!

I kind of goofed and ordered a set of 295/70R18s for our 2011 and now that I’ve realized they are almost 35” I am freaking out a little bit.

Will a BMC, hammer to the pinch weld and a heat gun make it fit with a 2” Dobsinons lift or do I need to look at a body lift as well?

Not really sure how much lift you’re running with those Kings so I’m curious if I can still make it work instead of going down to 33/10.50R18s

I’m also running stock wheels so I don’t know how bad that is going to treat me either.

@ETXDUDE if you're planning on taking the truck out you'll want to cut the bottom portion of the pinch weld where it bolts to the fender for added clearance. No need for a body lift but, BMC Hammer, heat gun and gut out the bottom of the pinch weld and you'll be ok. You will also want to get some wheel spacers

Reactions: r2m

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom